Today's Cacher

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
El_Diablo

Today's Cacher

Post by El_Diablo » 26 May 04 8:59 am

Hello Mates!
As some of you may know I've started a on-line magazine that is dedicated to geocaching. It's called Today's Cacher and you can read it at www.todayscacher.com

We have a international section that we are trying to expand on. Is there anyone here that would be interested in helping us to gather articles from Australia?

It would help the rest of the world see geocaching through your eyes. I'm quite sure that caching in your country is a mite different than in other countries.

If your interested you can contact me at JC364@aol.com or through the geocaching web site.

Thanks for your help.

El Diablo[/url]

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 26 May 04 3:19 pm

G'day mate!

Maybe suss out the newsletters (linked from the front page) for content and ideas. Too right, you'd best get permission before swiping any content. Try EcoDave of EcoTeam, he has the editorial guernsey round these parts, and he's no yobbo.

Anyhoo, I've said bugger-all, and I'm flat out like a lizard drinking, so I best get cracking

Ooroo,
- Rog

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 26 May 04 3:42 pm

Fair suck of the sav. This geezer just wants the oil on the John Dory down under and Rog goes off like a galah sprouting off Aussie strine.

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 26 May 04 4:21 pm

What a galah..think I will just go and plat a puss. :D
Sorry couldn't resist it. We also have a great sense of humour. :lol:

SNIFTER

Post by SNIFTER » 26 May 04 4:21 pm

What a galah..think I will just go and plat a puss. :D
Sorry couldn't resist it. We also have a great sense of humour. :lol:

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 26 May 04 4:43 pm

You can say that agian ;)

dcr
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by dcr » 26 May 04 5:57 pm

Struth Mate!

After copping a gawk at this lot of maggie gaggle, ol' Blue 'll be humping his swag back to Uncle Sam quicker than the Bush Telegraph can trumpet free grog! Dead set, he'll think we're a right bunch of Ockers

:twisted:

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 27 May 04 2:34 am

Fair dinkum cobbers, 62 ripper pages, what a bobby dazzler.

Me thinks some EcoYobbo might have editorial envy... :cry:

EcoDave :)

Hounddog

Post by Hounddog » 27 May 04 12:17 pm

Oh yeah.

'ere's and oldy (Owyagoin) that ws barbied in a bush fire donkey's ago. Avago at this.....crikey!.......

Avvago at this liddle bewdy willya. Bedda knowya strine dough, and don't come thu raw prawn on me spellin eva.

Ow zit gun Cobs son Sheelas.
Youzid prob lee reckon kayshins bin a bit air fridge whenit cum star thu slog ovlate roight?
Sew tekip yus airpee, 'ounddog n sniftuhs puddownanutha (aboringinal sic) cache thaddle getchas of y'arss nintoda sticks.

No blujjin widiss liddle bewdy. Shis true blue, anya airvtar make shore it stays it or rite
Ets chockers orreddy with Aussie stuff. Sump'n for ya sheela or bloke, the uvva arf aneven thu liddle larrikins too.

Ewes'll airvtar go walk'bout n muckround in thu ol bush abit, but she'llberite. oh yeah, wachout fer th ol Joe Blakes. Speshly Summa.

Oh year won uva fing, dont fegget tudo the log in strine, sewswe can all figgerrout what the bloody el usa torkenabout.

Givit a burl.

Seeya.

Oi!! no pinchin stuff orrite.

ohyeahgenn, me next wunnalbe in Pidgin
Hounddog (true blue cobber)

El_Diablo

Post by El_Diablo » 27 May 04 12:27 pm

So apparently I said something wrong? If I did, then I apologize. Sorry to have bothered you.

El Diablo

Hounddog

Post by Hounddog » 27 May 04 1:05 pm

Hi Di-ablo

No one's unhappy with you mate. Sorry if we gave the wrong impression.

We're all just having a laugh at ourselves. Something that us Aussies are very good at (usually).

Don't take offence to anything said here. As I said, it's all just tongue in cheek.

We will get back to you with some info and stories from down under and wish you all the best of luck with the news letter.

Hounddog

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 27 May 04 1:48 pm

Opps. :lol: Things didn't go the way I thought.

Australians like to laugh at themselves, particularly our strine (local way of talking). When you said 'Mate' in the first posting, a few of us thought we'd give you a lesson in speaking 'Stralan. :wink:

Seriously, Ecodave is your best contact (unless he feels otherwise). He has put together the two highly acclaimed Geocaching Australia newsletters.

All the best.

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 27 May 04 2:25 pm

Hi El_Diablo,<p>

Great mag and good effort to date. I have read all the issues so far and have been very interested in the international pespective. <p>

I don't think anyone was really upset with your comments, in fact quite the contrary. I think most Aussies would be quite excited to see some Australian content in the mag and hopfully someone may pick this up.<p>

As I think everyone probably got a tad too excited, the thread maybe got sidetracked into showing off some of our Aussie terminology for one of our US buddies. As an assist may I offer the following translations (apologies for any misquotes) -<p>
G'day mate! <p>
Maybe suss out the newsletters (linked from the front page) for content and ideas. Too right, you'd best get permission before swiping any content. Try EcoDave of EcoTeam, he has the editorial guernsey round these parts, and he's no yobbo. <p>

Anyhoo, I've said bugger-all, and I'm flat out like a lizard drinking, so I best get cracking <p>

Ooroo, <p>
- Rog
Howdy,<p>
Check out the newsletters on the front page but check with EcoDave of Eco Team first. He's a nice person.<p>

I haven't really given you much information as I am fairly busy and have to go.<p>

Bye, <p>
Fair suck of the sav. This geezer just wants the oil on the John Dory down under and Rog goes off like a galah sprouting off Aussie strine.
<p>

What the? El_Diablo wants some Aussie content and Rog goes showing off by talking like Steve Irwin <p>
What a galah..think I will just go and plat a puss.
<p>

What a turkey. I think I will go and braid my cat. <p>
What a galah..think I will just go and plat a puss.
<p>

I didn't check my post and submitted it twice. <p>
You can say that agian
<p>

You didn't check your post and submitted it twice. <p>
Struth Mate! <p>

After copping a gawk at this lot of maggie gaggle, ol' Blue 'll be humping his swag back to Uncle Sam quicker than the Bush Telegraph can trumpet free grog! Dead set, he'll think we're a right bunch of Ockers
<p>

Gee <p>

After reading this Rhetoric, El_Diablo will forget the whole idea faster than a free beer ad on the Superbowl telecast would create a riot. Honestly, he'll think we are all Australian people. <p>
Fair dinkum cobbers, 62 ripper pages, what a bobby dazzler. <p>

Me thinks some EcoYobbo might have editorial envy... <p>

EcoDave
<p>

Honestly guys. This magazine has 62 pages. It is very nice. <p>

I feel envious of the work that the editors have put in. <p>
Oh yeah.

'ere's and oldy (Owyagoin) that ws barbied in a bush fire donkey's ago. Avago at this.....crikey!.......

Quote:
Avvago at this liddle bewdy willya. Bedda knowya strine dough, and don't come thu raw prawn on me spellin eva. <p>

Ow zit gun Cobs son Sheelas. <p>
Youzid prob lee reckon kayshins bin a bit air fridge whenit cum star thu slog ovlate roight? Sew tekip yus airpee, 'ounddog n sniftuhs puddownanutha (aboringinal sic) cache thaddle getchas of y'arss nintoda sticks. <p>

No blujjin widiss liddle bewdy. Shis true blue, anya airvtar make shore it stays it or rite Ets chockers orreddy with Aussie stuff. Sump'n for ya sheela or bloke, the uvva arf aneven thu liddle larrikins too. <p>

Ewes'll airvtar go walk'bout n muckround in thu ol bush abit, but she'llberite. oh yeah, wachout fer th ol Joe Blakes. Speshly Summa. <p>

Oh year won uva fing, dont fegget tudo the log in strine, sewswe can all figgerrout what the bloody el usa torkenabout. <p>

Givit a burl. <p>

Seeya. <p>

Oi!! no pinchin stuff orrite. <p>

ohyeahgenn, me next wunnalbe in Pidgin <p>

<p>

No idea. Sorry. <p>

Hope this has been an assistance to briging the communication gap. <p>

Regards, <p>

Rabbitto

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 27 May 04 3:41 pm

Rabbitto wrote:As an assist may I offer the following translations (apologies for any misquotes)
lol

Two Goth Geeks
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: TwoGothGeeks

Post by Two Goth Geeks » 27 May 04 5:39 pm

Oh yeah. 'ere's and oldy (Owyagoin) that ws barbied in a bush fire donkey's ago. Avago at this.....crikey!....... Quote: Avvago at this liddle bewdy willya. Bedda knowya strine dough, and don't come thu raw prawn on me spellin eva.
Ow zit gun Cobs son Sheelas.
Oh yea. Here's an old one (how are you going) that was burned in a bush fire years ago. Have a go at this. Crikey.
Have a go at this little beauty will you. Better know your Australian slang, though. And don't have a go at my spelling will you?
How is it going boys and girls?
Youzid prob lee reckon kayshins bin a bit air fridge whenit cum star thu slog ovlate roight? Sew tekip yus airpee, 'ounddog n sniftuhs puddownanutha (aboringinal sic) cache thaddle getchas of y'arss nintoda sticks.
You'd probably think caching's a bit average when it comes to the difficulty of it lately, right? So, to keep you happy, Hounddog and Snifter's put down another (aboriginal sic) cache that'll get you off your arse and into the sticks (bush).
No blujjin widiss liddle bewdy. Shis true blue, anya airvtar make shore it stays it or rite Ets chockers orreddy with Aussie stuff. Sump'n for ya sheela or bloke, the uvva arf aneven thu liddle larrikins too.
No sitting around doing nothing with this little beauty. It's really Australian and you have to make sure it stays that way all right. It's full already with Australian things. SOmething for guys and girls, the other half and even the kids too.
Ewes'll airvtar go walk'bout n muckround in thu ol bush abit, but she'llberite. oh yeah, wachout fer th ol Joe Blakes. Speshly Summa.
You will have to go into the bush (woods) and take your time looking around ther for a bit, but it will be okay. Watch out for snakes, especially in the Summer.
Oh year won uva fing, dont fegget tudo the log in strine, sewswe can all figgerrout what the bloody el usa torkenabout.
Oh yes. One other thing. Don't forget to write your log in Australian slang, so we can all figure out what the bloody hell you are talking about.
Givit a burl.
Give it a go
Seeya.
Bye.
Oi!! no pinchin stuff orrite.
Hey! No stealing things, okay?
ohyeahgenn, me next wunnalbe in Pidgin
Oh yes. My next cache will be in Pidgin English
Some weirdo ;) (A real Australian)