Interesting phone call.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Interesting phone call.

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 16 September 08 9:46 pm

I got an interesting phone call today, from someone who had been given my name and number by someone who knew I cached. Didnt catch her name, but pretty sure she was a uni student, or similar, doing a project or similar on caching. She was local to me. Spoke for an hour or so, about caching in general, how, why, where and when its played. She didnt know much initially, so had to explain the basics. Explained the variations, different types of caches, ways of playing, times, places, ect.

The interesting part for me was actually trying to get myself into some sort of logical order, so it all made sense. I then realised I had learnt so much, and how much of the basics I now take for granted. I directed her to both GC.com and GCA. An offer is also there to contact me again for more info, and to take her to find a few hides, if she so desires.

Time will tell if anything further happens.

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 16 September 08 10:43 pm

Sounds interesting and could be fun for both of you :)

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Re: Interesting phone call.

Post by rhinogeo » 16 September 08 11:06 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:... She was local to me. Spoke for an hour or so, about caching in general, how, why, where and when its played. She didnt know much initially, so had to explain the basics. Explained the variations, different types of caches, ways of playing, times, places, ect...
You spoke to her for an hour and didn't get her name :?: :shock:

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Re: Interesting phone call.

Post by Cheesy pigs » 17 September 08 8:47 am

rhinogeo wrote:
Bundyrumandcoke wrote:... She was local to me. Spoke for an hour or so, about caching in general, how, why, where and when its played. She didnt know much initially, so had to explain the basics. Explained the variations, different types of caches, ways of playing, times, places, ect...
You spoke to her for an hour and didn't get her name :?: :shock:
Maybe he spoke for an hour and she couldn't get a word in :twisted: