First to Finds

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Mischief's Crew
100 or more tracks walked

First to Finds

Post by Mischief's Crew » 09 August 08 2:23 pm

OK, going to hang myself out on a limb here and ask for opinions.

First to Finds. I would like to place a couple with FTF signal coins as the prize. Only I would like to see 'people with kids who don't have FTFs get them.

I don't have a FTF myself - not up fast enough. I totally am all for the races people have for the FTFs and love reading the comments when they see someone driving off. So I am not meaning to stop them from having there fun.

I try to always give decent FTF prizes (mind I only have 10 hides) but I have another four to set and wonder if people will think I am rude and obnoxious or other things if I ask the FTF racers to leave the two with the FTF coins for someone who hasn't got one.

Of course I am saying that - in guessing that the racers all have plenty of coins either in collections or out travelling.

I am all for the kids and just think it would be neat for a family with kids who don't have travellers to get the coins so they can send them out and watch them.

So what's your opinon?? Remember I am just asking! I love you all!

roundcircle
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by roundcircle » 09 August 08 2:59 pm

I have seen caches where there is a FTF prize which the owner wanted to award only to someone he had not presented an award to before. He stated this in the description and then he then posted the prize to the first eligible cacher.

Seemed to work Okay

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 09 August 08 4:42 pm

Once a TB or GeoCoin is out in the wild (including in a yet to be found cache) it is out of your control and instructions you may have on the website may not be adhered to, or even read :roll:

Much safer to go along similar lines to Roundcircle's suggestion and award the prize after the find :)

Mischief's Crew

Post by Mischief's Crew » 09 August 08 4:48 pm

Brilliant. I like that. Then everyone is happy (well I think they are) the racers can still race for the certificate and I can still have an FTF prize for them (I like giving out prizes), then I can post the coin to the first person that hasn't got a travelling coin and wants to claim it. Thanks! I really like that idea.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 09 August 08 6:36 pm

As an ex-FTF hound, I think we're all more motivated by the coveted first page in the blank logbook than we are in any goodies that might go with it.

Mischief's Crew

Post by Mischief's Crew » 09 August 08 7:48 pm

Well that does mean everyone should be happy with the suggestions I received. Love it. Yah, to hiding lots more caches. Went out today but froze the butt off so only hid one.