GeosportZ - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Re: Geosportz

Post by setsujoku » 01 October 08 9:44 pm

ninasclan wrote:What a great activity. This was our first caching games experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't make it to the 888 points (well done to the 15 teams that did!). I stayed up until midnight last night trying to use a bank of caches we'd prepared earlier in a bid to hit that 25th spot. Seems I wasn't the only one with that idea. In the end I just threw all my finds into the game.

Thanks to everyone who worked behind the scenes on this one. You certainly were kept busy last night.

Congratulations to the winners.
I thought that you might have been aiming for the 25th spot. I was watching with intent trying to get the right points for 25th for dylanja, but every time i made a move (of which my options were limited) you guys would up it again, and shift the dynamics again :D

All good fun :D

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 01 October 08 9:46 pm

ninasclan wrote:What a great activity. This was our first caching games experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't make it to the 888 points (well done to the 15 teams that did!). I stayed up until midnight last night trying to use a bank of caches we'd prepared earlier in a bid to hit that 25th spot. Seems I wasn't the only one with that idea. In the end I just threw all my finds into the game.

Thanks to everyone who worked behind the scenes on this one. You certainly were kept busy last night.

Congratulations to the winners.
Yes, I sort of noticed. And you weren't the only one.

At 9pm (AEST) I played my ace and put myself into 25th only 0.5 of a point behind 24th. That should have clinched it, because there was no gap to fit into and anyone lodging finds with 3 hours to go and over 25th should be trying for that special placing.

But by 11:20pm the tally board had moved and several cacher had moved from below 25th to above, and moved me down the ranking.

No worry, there is 1 point between 24th and 25th. If I can get into that gap, 0.5 point above and below, I'm OK. That meant I needed exactly 12 points. So I do a search, and I must be mad, but at 11:45pm I am 7km from home logging a regular traditional 1/1 at a football oval.
A mad dash home, and with moments to spare I log it on line at 11:58pm

Check the ladder, and there has been movement again through the 25th spot and I'm back in 27th place.

So much for strategy :shock:

ninasclan
400 or more spectacular views seen

Geosportz

Post by ninasclan » 01 October 08 9:53 pm

Thanks for that Dik :D I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!! It didn't occur to me that people would actually be going out to find caches at that time of night. What a mad lot we are :P

It was great fun though and added a bit of excitement to an otherwise uneventful evening.

ninasclan

Post by ninasclan » 01 October 08 9:56 pm

[/quote]

I thought that you might have been aiming for the 25th spot. I was watching with intent trying to get the right points for 25th for dylanja, but every time i made a move (of which my options were limited) you guys would up it again, and shift the dynamics again :D

All good fun :D[/quote]

Condolences for dylanja. I thought you guys had it. And at that stage there was nothing I could do with my one remaining 48 point cache in hand. Then lo and behold - when I refreshed the screen at 10 past 12 you'd been pipped at the post. :x

setsujoku
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 01 October 08 10:10 pm

ninasclan wrote:Condolences for dylanja. I thought you guys had it. And at that stage there was nothing I could do with my one remaining 48 point cache in hand. Then lo and behold - when I refreshed the screen at 10 past 12 you'd been pipped at the post. :x
Yeah, i only had 2 caches to log, and there was no way of getting any more points, so it was more just a matter of what you and dik logged, as to where the points finished up

Was an interesting finish for that spot though, good to see that there was some competition for it

In all my focus, i didn't notice that i myself only missed out on 45th spot by a point :!: was only looking further up the ladder, and didn't notice where i was sitting

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 October 08 12:21 am

I noticed this as I was sitting here approving logs at midnight.
You're a cunning bunch :-)

Thanks to everyone who played. It was hell here, but great load of fun. An email will be coming to the winners tomorrow to ask for mailing information to send their prizes.