Where to buy stickers, tradeables and other goodies

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Flushmon

Where to buy stickers, tradeables and other goodies

Post by Flushmon » 18 July 08 10:44 pm

Hi, now I've found a few Geo Caches, I'd like to return the favour and try to hide a couple of my own, but I'm wondering where are some good sites to buy the different bits and pieces to make up a decent cache.

So I'm hoping to find out where's a good place to buy Geo Cache lables (stickers), tradables, FTF pins, geo coins, etc for swaps.

Cheers,

Flushmon

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 18 July 08 10:55 pm

A general one stop shop for geocaching goodies I like to use is www.geoswag.com.

You can get stickers, coins, pins, badges, etc there and the prices aren't too bad. Delivery is quick too, usually about 5 working days from the US to Australia.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 18 July 08 11:36 pm

You could also call upon and support the AUSTRALIAN geocache shop.

www.sphere.net.au

Jezzza_Xtreme
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Jezzza_Xtreme » 19 July 08 11:49 am

Just remember a decent geocache isn't purely dependant on it's contents and container :wink:

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 19 July 08 12:19 pm

Team Piggy wrote:You could also call upon and support the AUSTRALIAN geocache shop.

www.sphere.net.au
Unfortunately with the current near parity of the $AU and the $US the local distributor is not very cost competitive :?
Last edited by rhinogeo on 19 July 08 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Wibble

Post by Team Wibble » 19 July 08 1:22 pm

Team Piggy wrote:You could also call upon and support the AUSTRALIAN geocache shop.

www.sphere.net.au
Sorry if I've hit a sore spot. The OP asked for a shop that sells stickers, pins, tradables and coins. Geoswag sells all those items. Sphere only sells stickers, at 2-3 times the price for the exact same items.

I'm all for supoporting an Australian business, but the question was asking for a good place to buy those types of items. I answered based on my experiences. :?

Flushmon

Post by Flushmon » 20 July 08 4:13 pm

Thanks for the info everyone.

I'm happy to support local industries too but within reason. When I was pricing GPSr I was willing to pay an extra $50 or so to buy it locally, but the best price I found in Aus was almost $200 extra compared to buying it from the USA with postage.

pjamesk
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by pjamesk » 20 July 08 5:18 pm

Try worldcaching.com I find their postage is cheaper than others. I have to agree with others I do like to buy Aussie but when you can get it elsewhere at a fraction of the cost?. Money talks

Charlie Brown
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Charlie Brown » 24 July 08 9:16 am

Team Wibble wrote:

www.sphere.net.au
Sorry if I've hit a sore spot. The OP asked for a shop that sells stickers, pins, tradables and coins. Geoswag sells all those items. Sphere only sells stickers, at 2-3 times the price for the exact same items.

I'm all for supoporting an Australian business, but the question was asking for a good place to buy those types of items. I answered based on my experiences. :?

Firstly I would like to thank all our supporters. Sphere Innovative Technologies does not just sell stickers....

For one I can assure you that for me to sell geocaching products in Australia in one that is not profitable at all.

You may have noticed that the US $ exchange rate has come close to the Aussie dollar however our cost to import from Groundspeak has increase considerably. Fedex is not cheap.

I will share with you one thing. Groundspeak only offer me 12 % discount. I'm not worried about letting you know this. Groundspeak only offer UPS and postage shipping from the US to Australia. UPS is out of the question and Postage was an option until we did the math and found out that it was still cheaper to bring it in by FedEx.

To maintain a web store and merchant facilities cost. These have to be taken into consideration. Duty and Tax on clothing is a bomb and then at the end we have to add 10% GST. When importing via FedEx a customs entry is made and these are added. Some customers order 1 travel bug and pay by Amex and this really makes me wonder. Then they carry on about the postage we charge. Give me a break.

So. If anyone out there has another idea how I can supply Geocaching products at the same parity as the US$ - A$ and cover my costs then please email me. I will be only to pleased to listen.

Thanks again to our loyal supporters.

Jack

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 24 July 08 10:12 am

Also owning a business that imports, I know exactly where you are coming from Jack.

Well down for standing by it at a near loss for so long too.

pjamesk
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by pjamesk » 24 July 08 1:37 pm

Sorry if i have offended you Jack. That was not my intention.
I was only answering Flushmon's question.
I know where you are coming from. earlier this year My wife and i were thinking of setting up an online store and as you pointed out the running costs are not cheap.
I had the idea of including Geocaching merchandise, thinking I could sell it cheaper. But after talking to Groundspeak and doing the sums I couldn't.
I do Buy from you when I just want geocaching gear. When I buy TB's etc internaional its usually from some where that I'm geocoins from too off set postage.
pjk