Are you smarter than a Muggle?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
traineediplomat
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by traineediplomat » 06 July 08 10:33 pm

champion effort

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 06 July 08 10:42 pm

Thanks to The Nanks for eclipsing my record of 1879 secs, the time it took for me to hang up the phone after it started ringing as soon as I hit the "Play Today's Game' button. :?

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 10 July 08 6:45 pm

Pesky! wrote:
Team Wibble wrote:Loving this. Great way to feel part of the geocaching community while in a country with only 7 unfound (by us) caches and none nearby.
Also gives us something to do while retreating to the hotel in the hottest part of the day (free high speed broadband in a hotel that costs you $28 a night, with breakfast thrown in, gotta love that)
where are you guys?
At the time of writing we were in Hoi An, Vietnam. Now we're in Penang, Malaysia, not so hot in the middle of the day here. A few caching opportunities too!
There's free internet at our hotel here but we're paying much more for it in theory.... staying in the very swanky E&O hotel. Definitely not $28 a night :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gwennie1984
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Gwennie1984 » 17 July 08 7:48 pm

This is a surprisingly addictive quiz. Oh well, great for wasting time in the evenings.

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by If » 17 July 08 9:49 pm

Gwennie1984 wrote:This is a surprisingly addictive quiz. Oh well, great for wasting time in the evenings.
Yes...it is great for wasting time in the evenings :D
But why can't I waste as much time as TraineeDiplomat :shock:
Life's too short to waste more than 30 seconds on this quiz :cry:
I could be out caching instead :(

CaleD
100 or more tracks walked

Post by CaleD » 17 July 08 10:14 pm

I believe I have had the honour of elapsing the previously standing record for the longest time taken to complete the quiz.

:oops:

THENANKS
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by THENANKS » 17 July 08 10:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS CaleD! That's quite an honour! I pass on the plaque to you in AWE! :wink:

CaleD

Post by CaleD » 18 July 08 5:40 am

"I tell you what, it was a tough race... so tough... I kept fighting the voices in my head saying 'you're tired, you're weak, you can't continue', and I thought to myself, I've worked my whole life for this and I'm not going to let the opportunity pass me now! So my hands were hurting, I was sweating, my mind was racing and all I could concentrate on was passing that finish line. I resisted the temptation to pull out, and I just put my head down, gave it one last good shot, and came out on top"

:lol:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 18 July 08 4:01 pm

Pesky, how about a couple of days of a setting above "roooly easy?"

It mainly comes down to clicking speed to seperate all the 10-pointers on most days!

traineediplomat

Post by traineediplomat » 19 July 08 4:37 pm

isn't Canadian sport only curling???

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 22 July 08 6:46 pm

Pesky! wrote:For those who may think this is rigged.. its not! I do not set the questions, other than the subject or area they come from , e.g geography, or Super hard general knowledge. The web service does all the picking.
And if your thinking of Shamming it with a 2nd or 3rd ID...
eah player gets a different set of questions from the same category, each day!
Pesky!, on the Quiz page wrote:Until We can gaurantee there is no " bending the rules" on this the prizes will be held over!, Sorry.
What's the problem? That some people can click faster than others? It was fun, and a challenge. Only thing I could think of to improve my speed was to set up a second monitor above the current one so I didn't have to scroll as much... :lol:
I'm certain noone is cheating, and US History questions suck ;)

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 22 July 08 9:25 pm

I have heard through the grapevine that it IS POSSIBLE to get the same set of questions. Sorry grapevine for blabbing, but I think we should be honest.

If you are bending the rules, please let honesty win you over.

traineediplomat

Post by traineediplomat » 23 July 08 6:37 pm

Since I'm the one currently in front, I would be disappointed if the prizes are held over. Actually I'm not into geocoins/trackables too much so that wouldn't even bother me to much.

I'm just a little peeved that there are accusations of cheating (and since I'm in front I'll assumed they are directed at me).

I'll let you know how I do it. I scroll quickly and don't read the whole question, just get the jist of it and choose the most correct answer. Now that the questiosn have "upped" it's a bit harder to get those sub 30s.

I happened to go well on the history one (with one complete guess that paid out!). If I was at a trivia night, game show, trivial pursuit it would change the way of playing (especially as there are multiple choice in this one!!)

Just putting my hand on my heart that I'm not cheating, just clicking quickly is my skill!! (some can hide caches, some can solve puzzle caches, I can do trivia!)