While you lot freeze ....................

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Wyoming Wombats

While you lot freeze ....................

Post by Wyoming Wombats » 23 June 08 11:14 pm

To all that are wondering (or care) where I am, I have moved to the Middle East (Qatar) for a while. <p>

Average maximum temperatures here for the past 7 weeks have been around 48 degrees C with humidity around 6%. Highest temperature has been 54 degrees. Enjoy your winter :twisted: :twisted: <p>

To give you an idea of the caching situation over here:-<br>

4 regular cachers, 82 caches placed (over 50 by one cacher) of which 3 are on military bases. Cache whoring expeditions involve finding 8 caches in a day. <br>

To get to most "rural" caches, if there is no track, go as straight as you can - there is no rural land ownership as we in Australia know it. <p>

So far I've found 32 of the 79 caches available to non-military people with 4 muggled caches that may or may not get archived. It's that kind of place.<p>

Shifter Brains
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Shifter Brains » 23 June 08 11:23 pm

Glad to hear you are still caching. It won't take you too long to cache the place out.
We are putting up with temps of about 6 degrees C here in Wyoming at night , up to about 17 or 18 degrees C during the day.
Enjoy the warmth. :lol:

Wyoming Wombats

Post by Wyoming Wombats » 25 June 08 1:48 am

Pesky! wrote:Well , i guess there is plenty of room for "when i was a boy- Dubai edition"

hope you are enjoying the new life.
send us some piccies soon...

oh and send Pesky a postcard!
<P>
No, not "When I was a Boy", but with or without your permission, a Middle Eastern version of "Tree" may appear. It will be called "Rock" or "Sand" or "Thornbush". :shock: :shock:
<P>
Postcard coming soon. Piccies ...... Go to Ettalong or Umina Beach with a camera, aim down and shoot. Others may be on the way. Only getting 1 & 1/2 days off a week.