Caching in numbers

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

I prefer to cache:

Lone Ranger
30%
Team caching
32%
Multiple teams
9%
It's not about the numbers!
28%

Total votes: 53

delboy1203
300 or more found
300 or more found
Twitter: delboy1203

Caching in numbers

Post by delboy1203 » 04 June 08 2:21 pm

I was listening to an old Podcacher podcast and was wondering about whether people prefer to cache in groups or alone. For me, it pretty much depends on my mood. 8)

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 04 June 08 2:59 pm

I don't fall into any of those categories, as whilst i am the only one in my team, and i often cache alone, i also often cache up with one or more other teams, so to me there isn't any one preference

Postman Pat
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Postman Pat » 04 June 08 3:35 pm

Due to circumstances I usually cache alone :? But on the occasions that I have Cached with others I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. :D

edmil
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by edmil » 04 June 08 4:09 pm

It's definitely not about the numbers, I have cached alone, with small groups, and with large groups. While I sometimes still cache alone my preference is to have maddie along with me - yup even if I do have to live with "I found it" and with the heap of rocks she collects along the way. Both maddie and I enjoy meeting people along the way and combining our efforts in locating the cache.

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 04 June 08 6:21 pm

Alone is mainly what I do as I have not metup with another team to do it together. I have taken my grand-children out during school holidays though.

I have only met one other geocacher in the field and have discovered one of my customers is a new member as he asked me if I was me :P He works near me but lives the other side of Adelaide.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 04 June 08 7:45 pm

I usually cache alone as it isn't always a planned thing for me. Whenever I happen to wake up on the weekend, do what I need to and if the weather is good will head out. That said I have done organised cache runs with a couple of people before (saves on petrol if planning a few) and the extra pairs of eyes can help.

Also have bumped into a couple of teams the first cache I hit one day in Melbourne, and spent an enjoyable rest of the day in their company doing some finds.

Thomo

Post by Thomo » 04 June 08 8:06 pm

I fall into the "no category" also.

I enjoy caching with others and have met up with another local cacher regularly for a few day trips, its good to have the company to keep you interested and motivated during the day, but sometimes I do it alone and plod along at a slow pace or only find a few while I`m out and about doing other things.

So yeah, I like to cache in company of others, but also like to go alone if I feel like a lazy day of sight seeing etc.

Cheers.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 04 June 08 8:59 pm

I quite enjoy solo caching, usually with podcasts playing to keep my brain stimulated while my body's getting some exercise.

I also caching with the other half of Bear_Left, mostly for the company but also because my wife is better at finding the tricky hides than I am!

Every now and then I get together with another local cacher and spend a day out, as well as the occasional spontaneous meet-up in the field, which is a pleasant way to share some time.

When bariloche and I went wandering along the Canning River, though, we could've used the beep of the GPS60's proximity alarm to remind us to stop gasbagging long enough to look for the boxes, though!

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 04 June 08 9:51 pm

A bit of my caching is done alone, it may be that Shell is at work so I'll go caching or she doesn't want to walk up that big hill. Shell and I do cache together on most trips and on her days off after work.<P>I was also introduced to group caching on a recent trip to Wagga with the Gong Gangsta's. This was new for me but was great. Four sets of eyes searching for caches, there were still a few that beat us but it was a very enjoyable time.<P>It would be hard to pick a favourite but I would say that I like caching with at least one other person.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 04 June 08 10:14 pm

I prefer to cache with others, in fact it's probably a reason I'm not getting out and caching as much right now!

Team Carnage
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Team Carnage » 04 June 08 11:42 pm

I voted team as going caching with mates and or family is great fun. I do however like the quiet solitude of getting out into the bush alone every once in a while.

Jezzza_Xtreme
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Jezzza_Xtreme » 05 June 08 8:21 am

I don't know what is is about finding them on my own, but I'm pretty sure I have only ever found 2 geocaches by myself, and that was because they were 'while I'm here I might as well find these' sort of ones.

I just don't find it as fun without a geo-friend along for the ride.

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 05 June 08 12:09 pm

I love caching both solo and in the company of others. Lately I've mostly cached with others, and have found this to be more enjoyable than going it alone. I usually find that the more people you have with you, the better the overall experience.

pprass
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 05 June 08 5:10 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:..... could've used the beep of the GPS60's proximity alarm to remind us to stop gasbagging long enough to look for the boxes, though!
Yeah - how many times has that happened to us as well :oops:

Some of our best caching experiences have been when we have arranged to get together with another team especially to do the really difficult terrain ones. Eases the pain :lol: