Look suspicious while geocaching no more !!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Look suspicious while geocaching no more !!

Post by rhinogeo » 25 May 08 1:23 pm

<p>Though people might ask what the giant blue rings you're wearing are for :P </p>Image<p><b>Two vibrating rings which can guide the wearer around a city via global positioning satellite (GPS) have been unveiled by a British designer at the Royal College of Art</b> :shock:</p><p>I came across this today ... the story is from 2007 and it's such a good idea I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed here before :wink: </p>

fehrgo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by fehrgo » 26 May 08 11:39 pm

They need one more ring to let you know when you've arrived :wink:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 27 May 08 1:53 am

Yeah, cos big blue vibrating rings on both hands is sooooo much less suspicious than holding something that could well be a phone or a PDA!
:roll:

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 27 May 08 10:38 am

<font color="#FF00CC"><b>You could always paint them pink!</b> </font>

rhinogeo
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 23 June 08 1:11 am

Papa Bear_Left wrote:Yeah, cos big blue vibrating rings on both hands is sooooo much less suspicious than holding something that could well be a phone or a PDA!
:roll:
You don't need to worry about the rings being conspicuous ... someone has come up with an even better idea for a wearable GPSr that looks even better :P

From the website
  • "We have developed prototype systems and some applications, evaluated the system performance and usability, and confirmed the possibility of practical use"

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 24 June 08 8:47 pm

rhinogeo wrote: You don't need to worry about the rings being conspicuous ... someone has come up with an even better idea for a wearable GPSr that looks even better :P

How bright are the LEDs? Will people behind be able to see you indicating a turn? And will a sore neck be a problem with having to keep looking down to see which way your belt is indicating to go? :twisted: