Hide to Find Cache Ratio

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Dooghan

Re: Hide to Find Cache Ratio

Post by Dooghan » 10 May 04 8:58 pm

J.A.C.K.A wrote:What would it be like if Geocaching.com had a find/hide cache ratio that they maintained? Something like for every 30 found they had to hide 1. What if users were not allowed to log anymore caches untill they hid another cache? Do you think that would change the ammount of caches hidden? Would people be put off by that?
I think it wouldn't be a good idea. I live in north Queensland where they are not a lot of geocaches or caches. I can list all the caches in my area (160kms) on 1 page which happens to be 8 caches. 4 happen to mine so it just will not work. Also what happen when you get some fines under your belt say like 500 or more. Thats going to be a lot caches to maintain which I would hate to do.

Dooghan

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 10 May 04 11:20 pm

Pesky! wrote:
Mix76 wrote:
riblit wrote:
Spindoc Bob wrote:GEOCOP ALERT!!!!!! :shock:

Seriously this topic was thrashed out a bit at: http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=686

My view is blah! :P Unless it's causing a problem, why change the current system. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind later on. :D
What he said.
yep!
Ditto...
or how about a maximum Hide ratio, until you can find a few more. this may cause the inverse to a flood of poor caches. yes a Famine of quality caches. or the cycling of caches moving old has beens and un-visited orphans out and new nicer ones in. So i say. a fixed ratio for hiding caches to found, you can only hide a maximum of 20 caches Ever, if you want to hide a new one. clean up your old crap dessicated plastic melted mcdonlads toys and wire cache first!

Maximum of 20 :shock:, you have what 56, I have 47, alot of us more.
<br>stay with Ditto
<br>there are :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: caches out there but i don't think limits will stop that.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 11 May 04 12:16 am

J.A.C.K.A wrote:oh man... getting tired of the geopolice postings...

Sometimes people just want to have a fun discussion. There not being police. And it sucks for the newbies that recently join the newsgroup to be constantly reminded whenever a topic has been talked about before...
:)
Sorry JACKA. Didn't mean to upset you (if I did), neither do the other 'older' geocachers. Just pointing out (with a bit of humour) that we have been done this path before and just pointing you and other newbies in the direction of previous discussions (without having to search tediously for them). It saves us older ones repeating ourselves. What you do with our comments (past and present) is up to you (and the others). You are welcome to add or ignore them.

Cheers. :)

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 11 May 04 12:22 am

Ratios - Don't care. :roll:

As long as I can look after them I will continue to hide em! 40 will be my limit. After that I'll start taking them back in and replacing with better ideas and locations.

Bronze.