Premium members caches

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 05 June 08 10:33 pm

sirius Tas wrote:
Alansee wrote:If the person involved is a cacher, which presumably they are or they wouldn't be wanting to post the find, why don't they just become Premium members? It's not exactly expensive! And it supports the sport.
Is that the same support as some Geocachers are giving to GCA by using GCA Forum, MILESTONE FACILITIES & Geocacher STATS etc....yet refuse to bother finding GCA hidden caches...just a little hypocrytical me thinks??
<p>
If you think that that is in any way, shape or form, going to make me, for one, feel guilty about using the GCA facilities you are quite wrong. If there was a fee for using them I would quite happily pay it as they are very useful. Not for the first time I hereby express my appreciation to Caughtatwork and everyone else involved for making them available.
<p>
Neither GC nor GCA make actually finding caches a condition of participation!

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 05 June 08 11:33 pm

Without really agreeing with anyone's comments here, my view is that if you truly love something or love to do something, then you should except all shapes and forms that it comes in. I love finding all types of caches, whether it may be traditional, multi, virtual, locationless...GC or GCA...it doesn't or shouldn't matter. I think if someone goes to the trouble of hiding a cache, and the reviewers see fit to publish it, then I'm going to try and find it. :)

stealth_ninja_penguin
1000 or more caches found

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 09 March 09 5:58 pm

I thought that a very large part of geocaching was that it is primarily free. So, having GC premium member caches defeats that purpose and it immediately creates a class structure within geocaching (the haves and the have nots). I thought that people who want a bit more are then happy to pay for PQs and the like. But all caches should be created equally and be accessible to all. Allowing caches into the premium member world is the thin end of the wedge. Just my 2 cents.

As for GCA and all the hard work they do, thanks guys, your efforts are appreciated.

Wingaap

Post by Wingaap » 10 March 09 9:10 pm

Wouldnt premium member caches slow down over zealous council workers who, at present, simple log into GC to grab the coords? I mean they would have to pay good money to retrieve said coords.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 11 March 09 6:06 am

There are VERY easy ways to get coords for private caches :oops: :oops: :oops: if i can do it then :shock: