Premium members caches

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
traineediplomat
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Premium members caches

Post by traineediplomat » 25 April 08 11:18 pm

There isn't a way for non-premium members to log premium member caches is there? I had a 15 cache day with a relative newbie buddy of mine. But two of those caches are premium caches that he can't "see".

Poor lad...It'll encourage him to get membership.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 25 April 08 11:36 pm

From a post in the GC foums:
Go to any cache. Click the link, "log your visit."
That will take you to a page with a url such as http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?ID=89885
If you know the numeric ID of the MOC cache you want to log, just change the number at the end of the url.

If you don't know the numeric ID, change the "ID=" to "WP=" and replace the number with the GC code so you get:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?WP=GCGTAE

From there just log as usual.

You will always be able to read your own log, but you won't be able to see the actual cache page until you become a premium member.

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 26 April 08 10:25 am

But be aware that some owners of MOCs will delete any finds by non premium members. If that happens, shrug and move on... :wink:

jabes7
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by jabes7 » 26 April 08 1:24 pm

Are there many premium member caches around? I've not found one yet. I suppose there is a c@w stat somewhere, but where I don't know. Do they still look the same as normal ones on google earth?

CaleD
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by CaleD » 26 April 08 2:01 pm

I think they're red, or is that just the advertisement on the geocaching.com site getting to me? :lol:

Alansee

Post by Alansee » 28 April 08 10:15 pm

If the person involved is a cacher, which presumably they are or they wouldn't be wanting to post the find, why don't they just become Premium members? It's not exactly expensive! And it supports the sport.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 April 08 10:41 pm

Alansee wrote:If the person involved is a cacher, which presumably they are or they wouldn't be wanting to post the find, why don't they just become Premium members? It's not exactly expensive! And it supports the sport.
Semi snarky, but actually good humoured response following for the humour impaired.

Paying does not support the sport, it supports the site :-)

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 29 April 08 11:07 pm

I agree. But while it supports the site, it is also the site that gives us the most caches to find and the most enjoyment from the hobby (even if the better forum is here). I am glad I don't have to pay for other favourite sites likes google, bbc, or smh.com.au.

But then they aren't a hobby, they are information.

The small amount GC charge is worth it to me to cache. And yes, given the number of cachers worldwide they must be raking it in. Good on them for coming up with idea first. I am still waiting for the lightning bolt to hit me as to the "next big thing" to make my millions.

homedg
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 29 April 08 11:44 pm

richary wrote:I agree. But while it supports the site, it is also the site that gives us the most caches to find and the most enjoyment from the hobby (even if the better forum is here). I am glad I don't have to pay for other favourite sites likes google, bbc, or smh.com.au.

But then they aren't a hobby, they are information.

The small amount GC charge is worth it to me to cache. And yes, given the number of cachers worldwide they must be raking it in. Good on them for coming up with idea first. I am still waiting for the lightning bolt to hit me as to the "next big thing" to make my millions.
Can't agree more, when I divide the cost of my GPS + Software + GC membership ((negligable) compared to the other two) plus fuel (YOWZA :shock: )

By

My cache finds......................

It works out sooooo much cheaper than going to the movies or even renting a DVD. Plus, the QUALITY of the time is sooooo much better, and cheaper, than going to the movies or even renting a DVD!

homedg

Post by homedg » 30 April 08 12:33 am

zactyl wrote:But be aware that some owners of MOCs will delete any finds by non premium members. If that happens, shrug and move on... :wink:
That might be true, but there is a legendary cacher here on your old local soil that has no other option than to list as Member Only.
The reasons are known to many and the intent is NOT to exclude cachers finding and logging.

A simple PM to the owner would sort everything and would probably improve your caching experience.

Alansee

Post by Alansee » 30 April 08 10:05 am

caughtatwork wrote:
<p>
I understand where you are coming from caughtatwork so I think that I'll let that one go through to the keeper! :D :D

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 30 April 08 10:41 am

homedg wrote:
zactyl wrote:But be aware that some owners of MOCs will delete any finds by non premium members. If that happens, shrug and move on... :wink:
That might be true, but there is a legendary cacher here on your old local soil that has no other option than to list as Member Only.
The reasons are known to many and the intent is NOT to exclude cachers finding and logging.

A simple PM to the owner would sort everything and would probably improve your caching experience.
I'm waiting for the nude rock climb via Koala Cam... 8) :lol:

Keeper of Time
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Keeper of Time » 30 April 08 1:15 pm

Alansee wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
I understand where you are coming from caughtatwork so I think that I'll let that one go through to the keeper! :D :D
Thanks Alansee, but I am not sure what to do with it either :oops: :roll:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 30 April 08 1:58 pm

Keeper of Time wrote:
Alansee wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
You could let it go for 4 or catch it, declare the innings over and lets all go find a cache :-)

Alansee

Post by Alansee » 30 April 08 2:12 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Keeper of Time wrote: <p>
You could let it go for 4 or catch it, declare the innings over and lets all go find a cache :-)
<p>
Hold on while I check the site to see what there is to look for. :twisted: :lol: