Forget the Zwinky's, this is much more fun.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Forget the Zwinky's, this is much more fun.

Post by If » 26 March 08 5:56 pm

For all you cachers who have been tempted by theZwinky side.
(Face it fellas, who hasn't wanted to try on that bright red bikini or those slinky black hotpants) :shock:
Photobucket has a much better alternative 8)
Create your very own avatar without the family getting suspicious about your intentions. Hours of fun :lol:
PS: you can upload your photos (and link to the GCA forum) on this website
So If you happen to spot this fellow on your caching adventures, it's ME :P
C'mon fellow cachers, let's see some 'realistic' avatars for a change. Post the link in your reply :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 March 08 6:39 pm

Not to urinate on yours or anyone else cornflakes, but free executables always worry me.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=zwink ... =firefox-a

It worries others too as there is a strong implication that the Zwinky executable contains malware.

Make you own informed decisions before proceeding.

Swampy
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Swampy » 26 March 08 7:03 pm

caughtatwork wrote:there is a strong implication that the Zwinky executable contains malware.
Too late - it has already started. :shock:

Its stolen the spokes from his bicycle wheels!!!

:twisted:

Jezzza_Xtreme
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Jezzza_Xtreme » 26 March 08 7:06 pm

Yeah, about 99% of those online 'Free avatar' things or 'Free Emoticons' are just vessels for spyware, malware, viruses etc.

I do admit though, that avatar is pretty cool. Pity about the identity theft.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 26 March 08 7:22 pm

Zwinky homepage fineprint wrote:By downloading the free Zwinky software, you will also gain access to free smileys, ecards, screensavers, search, cursors and Zwinktopia. The software is free from spyware and malware.
But they say they don't! :roll:

Anyway the OP was suggesting people use Photobucket and Meez. Any evil contained within those sites?

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 26 March 08 7:23 pm

I have a Meez icon thingy, never had any trouble... well that I know of anyway?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 March 08 9:08 pm

Damo. wrote:
Zwinky homepage fineprint wrote:By downloading the free Zwinky software, you will also gain access to free smileys, ecards, screensavers, search, cursors and Zwinktopia. The software is free from spyware and malware.
But they say they don't! :roll:

Anyway the OP was suggesting people use Photobucket and Meez. Any evil contained within those sites?
Yeah, sure, I trust the people that wrote it to be honest :roll:

I only pointed this out because there is a link to Zwinky. You know people. Shiny buttons and all that.

Indications are that Zwinky contains MyWebSearch (aka MyWaySpeedbar) which while probably not dangerous, is classed as malware .
My Web Search also known as the My Way Speedbar is the Internet Explorer toolbar part of the Fun Web Products suite of utilities such as Smiley Central, Cursor Mania, My Mail Stationary, My Mail Signature, PopSwatter, Popular Screensavers, and the My Way website portal.
Although none of these products are claimed to be spyware, they do slow your computer down and are considered malware as they adversely impact you and your PC while returning little or no benefit that you can't get from something else. Smiley Central (for example) installs bunches o'crap on your machine and pops up ads left, right and centre.

There's no mass indication that Meez contains any malware from what I have been able to ascertain.

However, I am not your daddy and I don't have to clean your PC when (if) you get infected so take my advice for the same price that it cost you, mmmkay.