Moveable Cache Race

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Re: Moveable Cache Race

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 10 7:41 am

No controversy. Let's call it an end game ploy to spark interest towards the end of the game. It looks like the ACT end game plot was well constructed as well, but neither of these were engineered by me.

GabGab (the owner of Postman Pat) is my 9 year old daughter and as such is not eligible for an official prize as she is related to the game administrator. As such, the official prizes for longest overall and longest individual will be awarded to the next in line.

I will run a random grab for the remainder of the prizes this afternoon and will update the race page with the winners later tonight.

Hunter-Finder
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by Hunter-Finder » 01 February 10 8:35 am

caughtatwork wrote:No controversy. Let's call it an end game ploy to spark interest towards the end of the game. It looks like the ACT end game plot was well constructed as well, but neither of these were engineered by me.

GabGab (the owner of Postman Pat) is my 9 year old daughter and as such is not eligible for an official prize as she is related to the game administrator. As such, the official prizes for longest overall and longest individual will be awarded to the next in line.

I will run a random grab for the remainder of the prizes this afternoon and will update the race page with the winners later tonight.
It's still breaking the race rules that you created. [-X tut tut tut :)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 10 8:42 am

Correct, which is why she isn't being awarded a prize. Mine also broke the rules because someone moved it twice. It's a bit tough to enforce the rules when someone else is moving the caches and you have no say at all in what happens to your game piece.

The rule was meant to discourage people from moving a cache from point a, to b, to c, to d, etc, etc, ad nauseum. I was never going to penalise anyone for a breach of that rule as they have no control over their cache.

Remember it was all about fun and I think everyone had fun.

There will be some special prizes given out based on my own peculiarities, so stay tuned lat tonight for the official prize list.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 01 February 10 9:01 am

I always had faith that you'd be fair with the rules C@W :)

But the main thing now is what your peculiarities will throw up! I reckon you could generate a zillion different stats from this race as so many different things happened. Of course, you probably don't have a zillion prizes to award though :lol:

I have a great plan for next year already. :D :-$

ROMA123
500 or more caches logged

Post by ROMA123 » 01 February 10 9:11 am

caughtatwork wrote: GabGab (the owner of Postman Pat) is my 9 year old daughter and as such is not eligible for an official prize as she is related to the game administrator. As such, the official prizes for longest overall and longest individual will be awarded to the next in line.
Surely GabGab should still get the furthest distance, she can't help being related to the GA !!! Technically she doesn't have the total distance as it was moved twice, but she should get the furthest :-k

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 10 10:02 am

She already has a pathtag, so the next in line will be awarded. Let's not lawyer the rules to death. It's all fun and games.

ROMA123

Post by ROMA123 » 01 February 10 1:04 pm

caughtatwork wrote:She already has a pathtag, so the next in line will be awarded. Let's not lawyer the rules to death. It's all fun and games.
Fair enough if she's happy with that. It was great fun and interesting to get non GCA members actually looking at the site. Well done C@W great couple of months. Many Thankx

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 10 6:40 pm

Congratulations to the following prize winners:
* Longest Overall Distance: GabGab and Hunter/Finder
* Longest Individual Distance: GabGab and ROMA123
* Most Stops: wing6rider and Crystal Warrior
* Random Cache Owners: firesafe and Mix
* Random Cache Movers: Team Lego Men, wiglet, Gemini7, Tankengine, mr_roo
* Random Cache Owners who moved: Blossom*, Coffee and Cache, norkmeister, terrortorian, Petan
* Random prizes awarded for making caughtatwork happy / sad:
o pwags for moving a cache the longest distance (Melbourne to Singapore)
o Black Bunny for being insane enough to drive to Wagga Wagga and Melbourne in search of caches
o Stringy for not getting a single move on his cache
o SamWalkers for the fun and enjoyment of Mobility Stealth
o wing6rider and Crystal Warrior for organising an impromptu "cache swap" at the last minute

You will all be contacted via mail shortly so you can provide me your mailing address for your prizes.

A special thank you to everyone who hid and found a cache during this period. It was a wonderful game and one that I am certain will be run again later in the year.

stringy

Post by stringy » 01 February 10 8:15 pm

I'd like to say thanx to the organisers and the players who actually tried to look for it and C@W for the path tag.

Hunter-Finder
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by Hunter-Finder » 01 February 10 8:44 pm

Thanks C@W for the great race and to all those who moved Aussie Traveller around Australia.
=D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ :D :D

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 01 February 10 8:49 pm

We appreciate your organising the race - we had a lot of fun!!
Can we do it again? Can we? Can we? Huh? (Insert grinning and tail wagging here)

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 01 February 10 10:50 pm

Wow that was fun... but exhausting. I need a rest now!

Many thanks to c@w for the administration of the race, and to everyone who moved our caches around for two mad months. Cheers!

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 04 February 10 8:59 pm

Congrats to all involved in organising and to all the participants. It was a lot of fun and drew us together a bit. Pity I didn't manage to meet anyone, except the ubiquitous BlackBunny in Brisbane airport! I thought with all the big moves we put on caches we'd be in with a chance of a pathtag but was pipped on the biggest move in the last week. Yurt Jr was somewhat disappointed to come up empty handed but I was happy to get involved.
Thanks again.

Coffee and Cache
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found

Post by Coffee and Cache » 04 February 10 10:18 pm

We also enjoyed the race, especially being able to take one to the GCA event at the Scout Jamboree.

We were also of course very pleased to win a prize. The kids were delighted to each get a Geocaching Australia path tag as were the grown ups.

Thanks for your efforts C@W.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 22 April 10 7:13 pm

Reviving this thread in anticipation of the next great race. Will need to get the word out early so it's bigger and better this year. Am sure it will be, I probably won't get to travel as much this time but if we have more locals involved we can see what happens.
What's everyone doing with their caches from the race? Mine is lurking in SA. Had a couple of moves in March but now it's dormant again. Can I move it myself now if I am in the area? (not likely in the near future)