In thier backyard.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 13 September 05 1:03 am

Effrem wrote:Careful you dont fall from that high horse Aushiker, the fall could damage more than an ego.
Damian
Yeah, right .... I think ....

Cheers
Andrew who is total confused ... I didn't know I had an ego ...

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 14 September 05 4:20 pm

Effrem wrote:Careful you dont fall from that high horse Aushiker, the fall could damage more than an ego.
Damian
Damian

I suggest you read Shane's blog at http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/k/index.html, particulary the last entries since September 10, 2005 and btw Shane is lucky. It gives you are personal insight into things in NO.

If this is about my ego, so be it .... I care for folks like Shane, Shane is a friend ... this is important to me. People are worst off than Shane, that is also what I care about ... If all that is about my ego, then mate so be it ... I really don't care what you think, I care about friends like Shane ...

Cheers
Andrew

Effrem

Post by Effrem » 14 September 05 6:52 pm

Effrem wrote:We, as individuals, Spoke out about an issue as members of a global game.

We were told we wrong.
We were told that the main site wasnt USA centric.
We were told we were selfish etc etc........

The ego that runs said "main" site, found that he has dug himself into a corner that he cant get out of unless he eats some humble pie.

I find that very very funny.

The Hurricane issue I do not find funny.
The US goverment cant /wont do what needed immediately.
That saddens me greatly and I feel a great pain for all the people suffering there.

Something else I do not find funny is somebody wading into little bit of fun on their high horse and stating that we shouldnt laugh at their misfortune, when plainly we arent.

Careful you dont fall from that high horse Aushiker, the fall could damage more than an ego.

Damian
Which part of this post didnt you understand?

The bold section which was an explanation of the thread?

The blue section which refered to my feelings on the hurricane?

The voilet section refering to the person who got the wrong end of the stick re the thread?

Or the green section refering to you directly?

Perhaps its all of the above.

Here is the actual meaning of ego (Dictionary.com), which meaning of ego do you think I was refering to?

I will give you a clue, its 3a.

BTB I was speaking in a metaphorical sense when refering to ego.

Damian

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 14 September 05 11:10 pm

I suggest you read Shane's blog at http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/k/index.html,
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
:? :? :? :?

Maybe the pumps are drawing so much power they'v shut of the power to the rest of the place and server has shut down :?

The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 15 September 05 12:03 am

Time for a teapot please bronze.

Jessica (Mama Bear Left)
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Jessica (Mama Bear Left) » 15 September 05 12:04 am

Hi people,
I just want to say that I think we all agree it is horrific what people have been through in New Orleans: we are all just stunned by the stories that have been coming out. I also think it human and natural to feel bad about the fact that we here can do little effective to help at all except donate to charity. And when we feel bad and frustrated we are likely to do one of several things:
1: Get angry at someone who caused the problem or could have helped but didn't.
2: Get angry at the failure to prevent the problem happening in the first place.
3: get angry at someone nearby who has a different explanation of what is going on or a different reaction.

But can I ask you to realise we really are all on the same side here, and all do really give a damn about the suffering and the pain put our energies into something useful, constructive, whatever that might be. Perhaps if anyone has come across any novel way Australians can contribute it might help us all.

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 15 September 05 12:42 am

Geof wrote:
I suggest you read Shane's blog at http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/k/index.html,
Maybe the pumps are drawing so much power they'v shut of the power to the rest of the place and server has shut down :?
Sorry about that Geoff. If you remove the comma at the end I think you will find it will work ... maybe because Shane is in Texas at the moment :)

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/k/index.html

Regards
Andrew

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 15 September 05 5:40 pm

I think its time I close this one off.

I merely posted the link in the 1st place to highlight that the ruling gc.com put in place over the tsunami has come back to bite them. I think we as aussies are a bunch of people who are always ready to help. We were unable to do this with a charity cache and now it cant be done to help the U.S.

This topic is closed. We don't need to be getting stuck into each other over this.