Another Vodou bottom-dweller wanting to create Zombie TBs

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
stealth_ninja_penguin
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by stealth_ninja_penguin » 08 June 09 5:41 pm

(The questions below are rhetorical)
Not that I agree with what this guy is doing, there is an alternate view.

If someone comes to your door and says that they see you have some old bottles lying around and he's happy to take them off your hands and you agree then what's wrong with that? If he take those bottles down to the local recycling and makes a few bucks out of it then is he a bottom dwelling, cheapskate bozo OR is he an opportunist/ entrepreneur?

If someone does have a TB go missing a couple of times and makes up their own tag to revive their TB then are THEY short changing Groundspeak?

Not that I like the emails that this guy has sent (which do seem like spam), surely a 'no thanks & please don't contact me again' would suffice? IMHO the owners have the choice to leave TBs dead or pass them on if they want to. While I respect the opinions of others I'm not sure if the name calling is really necessary.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 08 June 09 5:56 pm

stealth_ninja_penguin wrote:.... is he a bottom dwelling, cheapskate bozo OR is he an opportunist/ entrepreneur?
I'd call him an opportunistic bottom-dwelling cheapskate bozo entrepreneur :P
stealth_ninja_penguin wrote:...While I respect the opinions of others I'm not sure if the name calling is really necessary.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... :roll:

covert
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by covert » 08 June 09 11:00 pm

If making a transfer of the TB code to another person for free it wrong what would make the transfer right ?

If I had a dead TB code and no use for it I don't see what the problem would be giving it a second life. Code has been paid for to work for life so why to keep it going ?

If I got the message for a dead TB code of mine the response would be something like "Yeah sure buddy, I don't need it. Good someone can make use of it"

pjamesk
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by pjamesk » 09 June 09 7:28 am

I got the same email the other day and told him to bugger off as well