Caching Topics A to Z # 17 Quick caching

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Caching Topics A to Z # 17 Quick caching

Post by Mix » 05 October 06 8:09 pm

Everyone has just popped out and done a quick cache at some time, right?
ItÂ’s never really as satisfying as a good days caching, is it?

And on the topic of a ‘good days caching’ is a ‘GDC’ one where you cache quickly and find many or take your time and find less over all but ‘see more’? (GDC = Corker Flat-chat Blow-through or GDC = a Walkabout with Seymour)

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

GDC's

Post by If » 05 October 06 9:15 pm

Yep, a GDC for me is one involving lots of time bushwalking, cycling or kayaking to find one cache (or even not finding one cache sometimes) :D
Even a quick find is so much more satisfying if you had to ride the push bike 40kms each way to get it 8)

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 05 October 06 9:31 pm

I'm a fan of the lunchtime quicky. I've got everything in usual lunchtime vicinity now, but if something new pops up and I've got the chance, the quick dash and thrill of the chase keeps me smiling all day. Especially if it's a FTF!

Wingaap

Post by Wingaap » 05 October 06 10:41 pm

Any day I manage to find a cache is a GDC for me :) I dont mind if it involves a bush walk or is a lunch time quickie. It's all good :D

ruzzelz
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by ruzzelz » 05 October 06 10:56 pm

10 seconds after a 20 min cycle to GZ :D Now that was a very very good day. (The Wall) :wink: :twisted:

zactyl

Re: Caching Topics A to Z # 17 Quick caching

Post by zactyl » 06 October 06 1:52 am

Mix wrote:Everyone has just popped out and done a quick cache at some time, right?
ItÂ’s never really as satisfying as a good days caching, is it?
Rushing out at midnight after work to knock off a virgin can be very satisfying! As for a GDC, I'd go a decent bushwalk with a cache at the end over half a dozen average caches.

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 06 October 06 2:14 am

Hmmm, quick caching....... is that when you have to find each cache as fast as you can so that you can move on to the next one and find everything on your list before dark? Yes, we do that sometimes.

Or is that a certain archived locationless where you had to post a pic of your speeding fine! That could be quick caching.

As for a good days caching, any day caching is a GCD for us. Days that include a cache that brings a sense of satisfaction (great loaction, hill climb, nice walk, tricky hide etc) are even better GCD.

1st lady

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 07 October 06 1:06 am

Apart from a few event days, all of our 600+ caches have been done on a part day or just as a diversion travelling doing other stuff.:shock:
In 2 1/2 years, tommorrow will actually be the first full day caching not including events. :)

The longest cache hunt has been about 5 hours before other things had to be done. That's simply the biggest window of free time I've had in the past 30 months!

So yep, most of our caching is pretty quick!