You know you're addicted to geocaching when...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Partic
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/partic
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Partic

You know you're addicted to geocaching when...

Post by Partic » 13 January 05 4:21 pm

Hi all,
<P>
After a few reactions to my signature for virtual cache confirmations, I thought I'd start a humour thread (both to see how active the forum can be and for a laugh).
<P>
Enjoy
<P>
Partic :P
<P>
<P>
You know you're addicted when you stand in the supermarket in front of the party supplies and wonder which party toys will fit in a cache the best...

sbalogh53
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

You know you're addicted when...

Post by sbalogh53 » 13 January 05 4:23 pm

Feel free to add to this list.<br><br>You know you're addicted when
  • You stand in the supermarket in front of the party supplies and wonder which party toys will fit in a cache the best...
  • You stand in the supermarket in front of the plastic lunch boxes and only see cache containers. No other uses, just caches.
  • You don't go anywhere without your cache bag.
  • You thrust your hand into dark cobwebbed holes where no sane person would ever contemplate putting their hand.
  • You buy a $600 pocket PC for the sole purpose of taking all your cache notes with you. Saves having all those printouts and missed caches.
  • Your holiday destination is completely determined by the number of caches you have not yet found in the area.
  • You go for a 23km walk in the middle of the forest to find a Derringer cache. You are 2 hours late to return, completely exhausted, and semi-dehydrated, but your only concern is that you could not find the cache.

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 13 January 05 5:18 pm

I believe I did a very similar thread HERE<br>
<br>
There were some really funny ones- you should check them out :) I seriously laughed out loud at some of them! :lol: <br>
<br>
Marie

bigmickb
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by bigmickb » 14 January 05 8:51 am

<p>You know you're adicted when you start getting the severe evil eye from the girlfriend the moment you pull out the GPS, but you plunge on regardless, knowing full well you'll be paying for this for at least a week and a half.</p>
<p>Partic, I think you know who I'm talking about!</p>

Rey

Post by Rey » 14 January 05 9:23 am

..when your co-workers refer to you as "that woman who finds things in the forest" despite your constant attempts to explain Geocaching to them...

.. in Officeworks you spend over 10mins in the notepad section, always on the lookout for a good logbook..

.. you decide to 'swing by a few caches' after work, only to return home late at night, tired, unfed and wondering WHY so many people frequent parks at 11pm at night.. they can't all be Geocachers.. and then you feel dirty..