24 Hour Geocaching run in SA

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
PacketStorm4

24 Hour Geocaching run in SA

Post by PacketStorm4 » 15 March 13 11:05 pm

Hello there!
I am re-posting this for all of you that are not part of the many Facebook pages that go on behind the scenes.
Team Indiana08 and Team PacketStorm recently visited South Australia on a quest to find roughly 300 caches for the week.
What they did however turned out to be a little bigger.

Stats:
450 in 1 24 hour day.
(That's a cache every 3.2 min)
1001 in 9 Days

To refrain from repeating myself i will link you all to the story that went into it all.
It was nothing short of epic.

Website with full story
http://itsadc.com/geo/index.html
Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPCjHyw27Yg

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: 24 Hour Geocaching run in SA

Post by Richary » 16 March 13 12:08 am

Good on you for beating the previous record, and obviously the powertrails set up in SA have made it possible.

I guess the lines of easy caches by the side of the road make it possible, something the previous record holders didnt have. But I am sure you have issued a challenge for the magic 500 that someone will try and target!

I'm hoping to do some when I head over for the SA Mega, but whether I devote a day to try and hit a few hundred is a different matter. Still it will be nicer doing a run like that if we have a few friends along. I'm not even sure I could keep driving for 24 hours, 14 hours is about my record!

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 16 March 13 4:54 pm

Makes my Qld record of, I think it was Oct 2006, of 62 finds in 24 hours pale into insignificance. At least it wasnt a powertrail.

red tag
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by red tag » 17 March 13 7:42 pm

Congrats Packetstorm4 and Team Indiana08, thats phenomenal =D>
Many moons ago I was pretty happy with the Tassie record at 76 .. but back in those days a counter meal and a few beers was a standard part of a 24 hour run :roll: .. hmm ... actually a counter meal and a few beers still happens these days too :lol: .. Note to self - less beers and more caching may be in order :D

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 17 March 13 8:47 pm

Pretty sure I feel the need to place another cache. :D

PacketStorm4

Post by PacketStorm4 » 19 March 13 10:32 am

Richary wrote:Good on you for beating the previous record, and obviously the powertrails set up in SA have made it possible.
But I am sure you have issued a challenge for the magic 500
There was a previous record?!
Yes the Powertrails certainly made it happen as far as i know there is nowhere else in Australia that we would be able to repeat this.
I must stress though, we went out there to have fun, not to break records or get massive numbers (although it is a good motivation)
Go nuts, the 500 is not out of reach at all, had we of known that there was a chance for us to get near the 500 maybe we would have pushed a little harder and maybe reached 500-550?
Bundyrumandcoke wrote:Makes my Qld record of, I think it was Oct 2006, of 62 finds in 24 hours pale into insignificance. At least it wasnt a powertrail.
I agree with the records off the powertrails mate, apples are not apples when your comparing finds like this.
Our record is certainly up with yours not found in a powertrail.
red tag wrote:Congrats Packetstorm4 and Team Indiana08, thats phenomenal =D>
Many moons ago I was pretty happy with the Tassie record at 76 .. but back in those days a counter meal and a few beers was a standard part of a 24 hour run :roll: .. hmm ... actually a counter meal and a few beers still happens these days too :lol: .. Note to self - less beers and more caching may be in order :D
And dont you forget it! :lol: We almost went to the pub for dinner on our run. However a quicker, more convenient meal was sought.
Freddo wrote:Pretty sure I feel the need to place another cache. :D
What are you waiting for?
Get out there! I felt the itch during the weekend and placed one of mine :P

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 19 March 13 3:54 pm

PacketStorm4 wrote:
Freddo wrote:Pretty sure I feel the need to place another cache. :D
What are you waiting for?
Get out there! I felt the itch during the weekend and placed one of mine :P
Don't tell him that! He's already hiding them faster than I can (solve and) find them... :mrgreen: