GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Re: GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

Post by tronador » 14 July 12 6:04 pm

quiet1_au wrote: (to replace the event that turned out not to be a legal cache for GeosportZ - thanks GJMMelb for spotting that!),

:-$
As long as your event was PUBLISHED before July 1st 2012 then all should be good. :D

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 14 July 12 6:11 pm

tronador wrote:As long as your event was PUBLISHED before July 1st 2012 then all should be good. :D
Just to clarify for those who have been reading the other thread. We've just published an event tomorrow to find a "4x4" cache. The event itself doesn't qualify for GeosportZ, but the cache we plan to find does (for those teams who haven't previously found it!)

blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 14 July 12 7:14 pm

Who's logged a cache for requirement #30 already?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 July 12 8:09 pm

blossom* wrote:Who's logged a cache for requirement #30 already?
A better question is who's logged a cache for requirement #30 correctly?
No-one, that's who :mrgreen:

tronador

Post by tronador » 14 July 12 8:12 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
blossom* wrote:Who's logged a cache for requirement #30 already?
A better question is who's logged a cache for requirement #30 correctly?
No-one, that's who :mrgreen:
I thought maybe I'd missed out and had it all wrong!!!! :shock:

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 14 July 12 8:36 pm

LouiseAnn wrote:
tronador wrote:
GJMMelb wrote: Its doing the same on mine with the scores too ie listing like this
etc

JM
This is exactly what I meant! :wink:
I'm confident I can fix this, it is treating the sum as a string instead of a number and I will need to convert it. I'll have a bash when I get back from caching tomorrow. That should also fix the alignment issue.
Fixing this ended up being harder than I thought. I still can't get the same number of decimals in the row, but at least they are right aligned and sort now.

Also added the bearing.

I'll keep working on the decimals......

LouiseAnn

Post by LouiseAnn » 14 July 12 8:59 pm

LouiseAnn wrote:
I'll keep working on the decimals......

Yay!!!! They are fixed (only two people had downloaded it, so I just replaced it rather than making a new version)

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=22660&hl=

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 15 July 12 10:56 am

Repost as it seemed to get lost amongst the 4x4 chatter

If you are part of a 4x4 relay team (or wrestler) as co-finder but are not claiming it as a GeosportZ 2012 find yourself, does the previously unfound rule apply to said hangers-on? The rules state only it has to be unfound by you (the GZ12 logger), nothing I can see that specifically relates to the other cachers? They could log the find as a second visit. [-o<

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 July 12 11:15 am

quiet1_au wrote:Repost as it seemed to get lost amongst the 4x4 chatter

If you are part of a 4x4 relay team (or wrestler) as co-finder but are not claiming it as a GeosportZ 2012 find yourself, does the previously unfound rule apply to said hangers-on? The rules state only it has to be unfound by you (the GZ12 logger), nothing I can see that specifically relates to the other cachers? They could log the find as a second visit. [-o<

The game does not care whether non-game members find a cache they have already found. So if they are willing to log a 2nd find against the cache (otherwise how can I prove they were there with you), then that's cool.

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 15 July 12 1:15 pm

LouiseAnn wrote:
Yay!!!! They are fixed (only two people had downloaded it, so I just replaced it rather than making a new version)

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=22660&hl=
Thanks LouiseAnn, it's great!! :-)

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 15 July 12 2:53 pm

caughtatwork wrote: The game does not care whether non-game members find a cache they have already found. So if they are willing to log a 2nd find against the cache (otherwise how can I prove they were there with you), then that's cool.
Would a photo with the GeosportZ competitor's log suffice as proof of the 4x4ness in order to avoid double logging by the I've-already-found-it non-competitor (or non-claimant)? (I am now thinking of a scenario like the following: Player 1 and Player 2 are competing, Cacher 3 and Cacher 4 are along for the 4x4ness and, for this scenario, may or may not have found the cache before, and may or may not be competing. Cache A has been found by Player 1 but not Player 2, Cache B has been found by Player 2 but not Player 1. All 4 of them rock up to Cache A and (to play fair) three of them sit back and twiddle their thumbs while Player 2 finds it (unassisted of course). A photo is taken, Player 2 can log the find, and -- with the photo of the 4 of them as evidence -- counts it as his/her 4x4. They all move on to Cache B, where, with similar fairness, Player 1 makes an unassisted discovery of the cache, takes a photo of all of them, and includes it with his/her find log and claims his/her own 4x4 points.)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 July 12 3:02 pm

SamCarter wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: The game does not care whether non-game members find a cache they have already found. So if they are willing to log a 2nd find against the cache (otherwise how can I prove they were there with you), then that's cool.
Would a photo with the GeosportZ competitor's log suffice as proof of the 4x4ness in order to avoid double logging by the I've-already-found-it non-competitor (or non-claimant)? (I am now thinking of a scenario like the following: Player 1 and Player 2 are competing, Cacher 3 and Cacher 4 are along for the 4x4ness and, for this scenario, may or may not have found the cache before, and may or may not be competing. Cache A has been found by Player 1 but not Player 2, Cache B has been found by Player 2 but not Player 1. All 4 of them rock up to Cache A and (to play fair) three of them sit back and twiddle their thumbs while Player 2 finds it (unassisted of course). A photo is taken, Player 2 can log the find, and -- with the photo of the 4 of them as evidence -- counts it as his/her 4x4. They all move on to Cache B, where, with similar fairness, Player 1 makes an unassisted discovery of the cache, takes a photo of all of them, and includes it with his/her find log and claims his/her own 4x4 points.)
Sure, a photo will work.

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 15 July 12 4:34 pm

With the Gym Requirement, can the Words be part of words? Boxing explicitly states it can be part, hockey states it can only be whole words... Gym is in the middle? Your call Mr Umpire please?!

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 15 July 12 4:43 pm

With the Wrestling requirement, does the "fellow geocacher" need to be from a separate team or can two members of the same team argue over the cache?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 July 12 5:44 pm

Team Wibble wrote:With the Wrestling requirement, does the "fellow geocacher" need to be from a separate team or can two members of the same team argue over the cache?
Either /or.