GFF Plan Operation on "Sign your name across my Gnome"

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
rogerw3
8000 or more caches found

GFF Plan Operation on "Sign your name across my Gnome"

Post by rogerw3 » 11 July 11 1:40 pm

:shock: :gnome
As many of you know "Sign your name across my Gnome" met with a serious accident back in March, he has now made his way (Thanks to the GLF) to the GFF Medical Center where after many long hours of consultation a surgical team has been assembled and will attempt the arduous task of restoring "Sign your name across my Gnome" to full health.

Of course there are many risks involved with these types of procedure and we will not know if all the pieces are there, the hope is that there are enough to restore full mental and physical health to the patient.

Full consent has been obtained from the family of "Sign your name across my Gnome" and the start of the procedure has been scheduled for tonight. it will be long and delicate operation over many days and I am sure that we all wish this Gnome the very best of luck.

:cry: :gnomette

Patient GA2895 Sign your name across my Gnome

Taiko'sFamily

Re: GFF Plan Operation on "Sign your name across my Gnome"

Post by Taiko'sFamily » 11 July 11 3:33 pm

oooh - a jigsaw puzzle :D

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

GFF to the Rescue (Again) -- Sign Your Name

Post by pjmpjm » 11 July 11 5:57 pm

Please keep us posted on the progress of the delicate GFF operation. Photos welcome!

pjmpjm

GFF Jigsaw Puzzle Gnome

Post by pjmpjm » 11 July 11 5:58 pm

Taiko'sFamily wrote:oooh - a jigsaw puzzle :D
And I think there's a 'pjmpjm' in there somewhere . . .

PrincessDiala
2300 or more caches found
2300 or more caches found

Post by PrincessDiala » 11 July 11 6:59 pm

I kinda see PrincessDiala too! Tip of his hat, just up from RogWat and coley_babee \:D/

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 17 July 11 12:38 pm

:gnome :-k

"SYNAMG" is gradually recovering his previous shape, this turned out to be a rather tricky operation due to the britleness of the parts and the fact that they are all eroded from their long stay in the plastic bag since his accident.

Nonetheless "SYNAMG" is coping quite well with all the surgical procedures and during recovery periods has started to regain his memories. You can now recognize his face and smile.

:gnomette 8-[

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 17 July 11 7:57 pm

After the saga with the gnome (forgot his name, sorry) with the foot transplant, I am rather dreading the end result with SYNAMG. Will he look the same? Will he be able to talk freely? Will he melt when it rains? Will his owner recognise him? Will he suddenly start to look like a different gnome entirely, or will we call him the 6 million dollar gnome?

pjmpjm

SYNAMG Re-Vamp

Post by pjmpjm » 18 July 11 2:49 am

Just a cacher wrote:After the saga with the gnome (forgot his name, sorry) with the foot transplant, I am rather dreading the end result with SYNAMG. Will he look the same? Will he be able to talk freely? Will he melt when it rains? Will his owner recognise him? Will he suddenly start to look like a different gnome entirely, or will we call him the 6 million dollar gnome?
It's a real worry, I know. But the GFF Clwydd Medical Centre does excellent work. (The previous op was on GeoGraduate -- where the foot actually received a rest-of-body transplant -- and Two Cool Hands Luke also checked in for plastic surgery.)

In any case, SYNAMG has got to look better than he does in the recent 'fragment' photos. We can expect rogerw3 to keep us up-to-date with 'before and after' photos . . .

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 19 July 11 12:19 am

:gnome :-&

SYNAMG has undergone further surgery and is recovering well, unfortunately it has now become obvious that many pieces are missing. While this will not be a problem as far as his recovery is concerned, he will recover full memory but some cosmetic surgery will have to be done to make him more acceptable in decent company.

:gnome #-o

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 19 July 11 2:52 am

"Full memory"? Are you sure? So far, it looks as if he doesn't remember when I signed him.......

pjmpjm

SYNAMG Re-Signing New Names in New Places

Post by pjmpjm » 20 July 11 3:24 am

Just a cacher wrote:"Full memory"? Are you sure? So far, it looks as if he doesn't remember when I signed him.......
I suspect that we'll all have another go at signing SYNAMG . . . as soon as the GFF operation is complete! Whether he remembers us or not . . .

Come to think of it, I can barely remember some of those many gnomes that have passed through our lives since 1 Dec 2010 . . .

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 20 July 11 10:45 pm

:D :D I see my name

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 27 July 11 7:01 pm

How is the surgery getting along?
I'm sitting here, agog, waiting for the next installment, and nothing happens. :-(

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 27 July 11 9:57 pm

:gnome 8-[

Please do not despair, SYNAMG is recuperating from his series of major surgeries, more delicate surgery remains to reassemble the few remaining pieces. However there are a number of pieces missing and major plastic surgery will have to be done before SYNAMG is completely rehabilitated.
He is in good spirits and do not be deceived by his appearance, he has regained full memory up to the moment of his accident.

:gnomette [-o<

Image Image

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 27 July 11 10:07 pm

I've found that fibrelass makes a very good artifical gnome skin :D Although it does tend to stick to everything in sight, especially the cacher doing the operation(s) :shock: