Dubbo Surrounding areas flooded

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Dubbo Surrounding areas flooded

Post by V&J » 03 December 10 6:12 pm

Just letting you know that Macquarie ,castlereigh and bell rivers are flooding Dubbo ,Narromine, Parkes ,Molong and surrounding areas. So its a NO GO [-( if you are planning on caching in these areas, Also caches will most likely be gone :stabby :cry: So there will be alot of Disabled or archived caches around ! :-&
Last edited by V&J on 03 December 10 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cindynstew

Re: Dubbo Surrounding areas flooded

Post by cindynstew » 03 December 10 6:16 pm

I am guessing ther will be at least two caches going under in and around Forbes with the rising water levels. :roll:

V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by V&J » 03 December 10 6:19 pm

Yes i said so.Lucky I pulled my caches out as i lived out near GZ.Damm rain [-(

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 04 December 10 6:55 am

The flooding will peak around Wagga Wagga tonight as Burrinjuck and Blowering Dams release massive amounts of water into the Murrumbidgee.
Below is a picture of the Wagga Wagga Council Chambers building Friday 3rd,including the library and arts centre which is all closed and electricity turned off.

An amazing sight as the lagoon overflowed ,raced into the library with fish 40cm long swimming around the water inside. :roll: :roll:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 04 December 10 2:38 pm

If you want to get rid of some of that water, send it West!

We've had our driest year for ages, and the dams are basically mudholes. We're pumping treated wastewater back into aquifers, have a desal plant running flat out, and will be using the full allowance of artesian water for the first time in years.

"...of drought and flooding rains..."

V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by V&J » 04 December 10 3:00 pm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... .516462584

This picture is out past Geurie NSW Its definatly under now this was taken 2.12.10 :shock: :shock:

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 04 December 10 9:33 pm

My next shift, to commence at 0010 tomorrow, is now Cancelled Workings. No trains running at all until at least 0725 tomorrow. And the road is clesed between home and work.

Some rivers have risen more than 10 metres in 2 days or so. The Comet River at Comet, in CQ, is one thats in major flood at the moment. The McKenzie river will be a sight when I do get back to work. At Bedford Weir, its about 6 metres above the major flood level, so I fear for Weird Al V2.

Cheers
Bundy

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 05 December 10 10:09 am

There goes 4 caches of mine in Gundagai when the Murrumbidgee went from the first photo pre floods to the next few photo's...

To this Saturday ,,,,,,,,the bridge is 1 km long.

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 05 December 10 10:23 am

More pictures of Gundagai pre floods and after...

Below is a picture taken Saturday 4 th ,same spot.

And a different angle at the width

V&J
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by V&J » 05 December 10 2:54 pm

Seems as tho water is everywhere in the state Causing havoic where ever it goes.... :roll: :cry:

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 05 December 10 4:29 pm

Can any of the Wagga Wagga crew let me know if Coles at Glenmore Park is under water or likely to be by Friday? I am scheduled to fly down for a day trip to do a wireless network survey - but I won't bother booking the tickets if I'm not likely to be able to get to it from the airport.

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 05 December 10 4:40 pm

Richary wrote:Can any of the Wagga Wagga crew let me know if Coles at Glenmore Park is under water or likely to be by Friday? I am scheduled to fly down for a day trip to do a wireless network survey - but I won't bother booking the tickets if I'm not likely to be able to get to it from the airport.

If its Glenfield Park you mean, its fine there as its in a good position. They have just done a whole new extension which is huge, plus extra shops going in.Is this the reason behind your trip.Might give you a buzz Thursday and see if you want to catch up for lunch on Friday. :) :) :) They are talking about the main road from the airport being cut from tonight .

But, theres the back road past Lake Albert .You should be good. :) :) :) You should be able to pick up my caches floating down from Gundagai at Wagga by then which are all "mystery"s " now. :) :) :) :) :)

Richary

Post by Richary » 05 December 10 6:27 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:If its Glenfield Park you mean, its fine there as its in a good position. They have just done a whole new extension which is huge, plus extra shops going in.Is this the reason behind your trip.
That's it - after they remodel the Coles stores they like to check the wireless for the barcode scanners is still covering everywhere OK.
the farmers 5 wrote:Might give you a buzz Thursday and see if you want to catch up for lunch on Friday. :) :) :)
I will let you know once it is confirmed. The machine I need to use for it was working fine on Thursday, then kept giving me a blue screen of death every time I fired it up for another one on Friday. Time for a reload I think.