Longest without a find

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Trigg-A-Nomics

Re: Longest without a find

Post by Trigg-A-Nomics » 30 July 10 12:35 pm

caughtatwork wrote:There has been a disturbance in the feed which caused the cache listing to archive.
I also note that Z's C & 2-3-74 got disturbed in the same way in today's update:
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc24v3r
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc27e2p

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 30 July 10 12:38 pm

Yep, they will probably remain disturbed for a few more days.
There's a process hole that we can't fix, so we have to bear the brunt of some misalignments of the data.

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 30 July 10 12:55 pm

Trigg-A-Nomics wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:There has been a disturbance in the feed which caused the cache listing to archive.
I also note that Z's C & 2-3-74 got disturbed in the same way in today's update:
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc24v3r
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc27e2p
Z Caches being archived, I don't hear too many people complaining (Kidding) :evil:

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 30 July 10 1:21 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Yep, they will probably remain disturbed for a few more days.
I just love the irony of the term "probably remain disturbed for a few more days" being used in conjunction with Zytheran caches. Subsitute "caches" for "cachers" and "a few days" for "an eternity" and you might sum up the effect his caches have on some people :D

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 30 July 10 1:41 pm

Team Wibble wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:Yep, they will probably remain disturbed for a few more days.
I just love the irony of the term "probably remain disturbed for a few more days" being used in conjunction with Zytheran caches. Subsitute "caches" for "cachers" and "a few days" for "an eternity" and you might sum up the effect his caches have on some people :D
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. ...
Five caches of mine still waiting for a FTF... it's only going to get worse people..there's 4 more terrain 5 and 2 more difficulty 5 to come out. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trigg-A-Nomics

Post by Trigg-A-Nomics » 30 July 10 2:46 pm

There's a process hole that we can't fix, so we have to bear the brunt of some misalignments of the data.
So do you want us to report these as they come through or will they all realign themselves? Let us know what we can do to help.

Is there a permanent hole in the process or just a temporary rift in the fabric of geocaching time?
Zytheran wrote:Five caches of mine still waiting for a FTF... it's only going to get worse people..there's 4 more terrain 5 and 2 more difficulty 5 to come out.
Oh god... :shock: [-o< :cry: :stabby

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 30 July 10 3:03 pm

Trigg-A-Nomics wrote:
So do you want us to report these as they come through or will they all realign themselves? Let us know what we can do to help.

Is there a permanent hole in the process or just a temporary rift in the fabric of geocaching time?
Zytheran wrote:Five caches of mine still waiting for a FTF... it's only going to get worse people..there's 4 more terrain 5 and 2 more difficulty 5 to come out.
Oh god... :shock: [-o< :cry: :stabby
There is a permanent hole that we plug every now and then, but we don't always notice that it's happened. Without going into too much detail, you people hide too many GC caches :-)

calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by calumphing_four » 01 August 10 1:31 am

Zytheran wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Zytheran wrote: This appears to be missing some caches...
Such as?
When I filter for South Australia I noticed that some of mine that have been unfound for 3 or 4 months don't show up.
Z's C by A century of Evil (GC24V3R) Placed 9th March 2010
2-3-74 by Zytheran (GC27E2P) Placed 25th April 2010

Link I used
http://geocaching.com.au/stats/graphs/a ... ys_unfound
What am I doing wrong?
I can add First Lunar (GCP3BQ), Isle of Illusions (GC18A6G), The Full Monty (GCKH1G), A River Somewhere (GC53F9), The Shadowlands (GC18AZY) as missing from the list.
.... and unfortunately are all high in the list of My Close To Home caches still to find :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GeoScrubers
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by GeoScrubers » 03 August 10 10:21 pm

When I saw the topic of this post, I thought it was about me :shock: ... I mean, I know it's been a while since I've been out caching, but I don't know about being the longest without a find :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 03 August 10 10:42 pm

calumphing_four wrote: I can add First Lunar (GCP3BQ), Isle of Illusions (GC18A6G), The Full Monty (GCKH1G), A River Somewhere (GC53F9), The Shadowlands (GC18AZY) as missing from the list.
Those caches have been found at least once.

The list only shows caches with no finds to date.

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 04 August 10 9:11 am

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:Well Im happy with the fact that 2 of those caches on that list are mine. Im unhappy about the fact the oldest unfound Qld cache is only a couple of hours away from work, and I havent made the time to have a go at it.

Cheers
Bundy
And lo and behold, one of them has now been found. The Torture Test, which would have been about half way down the list, has now been found- or should I say, its been correctly opened and logged.

Cheers
Bundy

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 04 August 10 11:04 am

So is there a way to find "longest since found" not 'unfound'? GSAK only seems to have time since last log which may have been a note or a DNF. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm a rank amateur with GSAK.
I like norkmeister's idea of seeking out the unloved caches and finding them. I haven't found anything over two years in the Sydney area but I'm happy to chase those.
This one has only two finds in four years and hasn't been found since April 2008.
Z Force

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 04 August 10 11:57 am

Yurt wrote:So is there a way to find "longest since found" not 'unfound'? GSAK only seems to have time since last log which may have been a note or a DNF. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm a rank amateur with GSAK.
I like norkmeister's idea of seeking out the unloved caches and finding them. I haven't found anything over two years in the Sydney area but I'm happy to chase those.
This one has only two finds in four years and hasn't been found since April 2008.
Z Force
Yeah like this:
http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 98#p158598

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 04 August 10 1:49 pm

norkmeister wrote:
Yurt wrote:So is there a way to find "longest since found" not 'unfound'? GSAK only seems to have time since last log which may have been a note or a DNF. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm a rank amateur with GSAK.
Z Force
Yeah like this:
http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 98#p158598
Thanks - I've tried that to some extent - am sure it works better for the ACT where you are never more than 50km (?) from a particular cache. It would be good to be able to sort it in distance from home. There's a series of boondocks-never-found caches then about a million unfound trigs then there's an Ideology GCA cache that hasn't been found since 2003! There was a DNF in 2008 though.
i!6: Quay

I did dig down to find a few within 50km from home that haven't been found for three years so will put them on my list. Ta.

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 04 August 10 2:20 pm

Yurt wrote: Thanks - I've tried that to some extent - am sure it works better for the ACT where you are never more than 50km (?) from a particular cache. It would be good to be able to sort it in distance from home. There's a series of boondocks-never-found caches then about a million unfound trigs then there's an Ideology GCA cache that hasn't been found since 2003! There was a DNF in 2008 though.
i!6: Quay

I did dig down to find a few within 50km from home that haven't been found for three years so will put them on my list. Ta.
Then simply narrow it down with a GCA query and then view that query on the screen. Then sort by Found. EG I just created a new query with the following attributes:
Exclude: Trig, Locationless, Event, CITO, Virtual
I haven't found
Is Available
Sort by closest to HOME
Within 500km
Include GC caches

Then I didn't bother emailing it and previewed the query on the screen and sorted by Found.