Is there any way?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Is there any way?

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 01 July 10 9:52 am

A lot of us, in the last day or so, would have recieved an email regarding trackables still resident in Oz Mega. I wondered if there was any way to check a persons (my own) trackable inventory at a particular point of time- say the night before the start of Oz Mega? I just want to make sure all those I logged into Oz Mega have been logged out again, and its not a case of I logged one in to the event, but in my old timers state, I didnt actually put it on the table, but still have it somewhere in my possession.

I know I could look at each remaining trackables history, perhaps thats the only way to do it, its just I am a lazy bastard.

Cheers
Bundy

Bundyrumandcoke

Re: Is there any way?

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 01 July 10 10:15 am

Never mind, I just went and did it the hard way. A couple of interesting points to note- 3 of the trackables still in the Oz Mega inventory are basically personal trackables. That should be easy to fix- email the owners and ask them to remove them from the inventory, or did they make it onto the table then inadvertantly get taken? But what I find really interesting is that about 3/4 of the trackables listed have NO discoveries at all at the Mega event. Does that mean they actually never made it to the table? With the frenzied activity at the tables, I hardly think any trackables could have slipped under the radar, and not been discovered, let alone about 15 of them. And the previous holders of the trackables are varied, so its not just a case of one cacher logging them all in with intention to attend the event, then for some reason not actually making it there.

Cheers
Bundy

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 02 July 10 7:25 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:A couple of interesting points to note- 3 of the trackables still in the Oz Mega inventory are basically personal trackables. That should be easy to fix- email the owners and ask them to remove them from the inventory,
Before the recent changes to trackables in your possession I always left my own personal trackables logged into an event I went to to keep them out of my list on my profile. This could be what those owners are doing.

Now with the Trackables Collection option on your profile you can store your personal trackables in there and they don't clutter up the trackables list in your profile.
But what I find really interesting is that about 3/4 of the trackables listed have NO discoveries at all at the Mega event.
Out of 173 'discoveries' I made 17 of the numbers I wrote down wouldn't work. Some were interchangable on how I wrote them - S 5 O 0 G C Q were the main offenders but some of the numbers I had were clearly nothing else, yet 17 wouldn't register.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 02 July 10 9:04 pm

I do wonder why they have O or 0 in the codes. I never seem to get them right and have to have another go.