Geo Woodstock

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
AmboGuy

Geo Woodstock

Post by AmboGuy » 03 June 10 3:59 pm

Who is going to geo woodstock in Washington?

I am heading down from Vancouver with my 6 yo, RyBear.

It will be great to catch up with some Aussies while there.

I have been away from home for over 6 years, and miss Oz terribly.

Guy

Damo.

Re: Geo Woodstock

Post by Damo. » 03 June 10 11:12 pm

I don't think I will make it this year! :lol:
How long a drive is it from Vancouver?
Hope you see some Aussies there.

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 04 June 10 8:25 am

Yes, there is at least one other
" Aussie Team " attending Geo Woodstock soon that we know of. That is the team of Fred 6603 from Wagga Wagga. :D

They are already in the region and been caching for a few weeks now building up to the Mega.The Fred team was on Committee at Wagga and purchased a heap of Oz Mega keyrings to swap at the event and place into caches.

The locals over there have already held an event just north of where the Geo Woodstock is being held just for fred on Saturday 22 nd May .Here it is....called ' Meet Team Fred from Australia " =D> =D>
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 104bc88b17

It was a popular event well attended . :D :D
There could be other Aussie teams attending Geo Woodstock ,but we have not heard of any others yet.

AmboGuy

Post by AmboGuy » 04 June 10 4:35 pm

Damo,
From Vancouver to Seattle, (I am East of Vancouver, just 20 mins from the border), is 2 hours, 45 mins approx.

Unfortunately, after booking woodstock, and advising my ex, looks like she has decided a month after, that she is changing my summer holiday access with Our Son (women can do as they please, even with a court order), so as I found out today, we may not be able to attend, but I hope so.

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 04 June 10 7:54 pm

AmboGuy wrote:Damo,
From Vancouver to Seattle, (I am East of Vancouver, just 20 mins from the border), is 2 hours, 45 mins approx.

You live in British Columbia,the same state as where the "meet Team Fred from Australia " event was held.. It looks like you might live not too far from where the event was staged at Salmon Arm where Freds son lives who is a local cacher known as Rhondle. :D
Anyway they will be at the Geo Woodstock 100 % . They will have their Oz Mega Wagga Wagga name tags on which are in the theme colours of green and gold. :lol: :lol:
Good luck and hope you catch up with Fred 6603. :D :D

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 05 June 10 2:26 pm

Salmon Arm, not too far. :lol: It's about 5-7 hour hike from Vancouver, depending on the route and road condition. ;)

(province, not state. ;))

AmboGuy

Post by AmboGuy » 07 June 10 6:05 pm

Re DVixen's comment,
you are in Canberra and know I live in a Province, I am trying to set up U.S. Postal as a shipping option for a store, It asks for "country", I enter Canada, it asks for a "zip code", I enter "V2V 3X6", and go to the next screen, "error, must be 5 digit zip code" "error you must enter a State"

So, I go to the complaint/suggestion page to let them know, and submit it "error, must be 5 digit zip code" "error you must enter a State"

So one is forced to enter 90210 as a zip (the only code we all know) and Washington as a state,

A couple of days later, get a reply from a dumb yank, "our forms accept Providences" he is as dumb as their previous president who in a news conference thanked the Countries helping in Afghanistan "Canada, England, Austria" Does the President know that Australia is not Austria or that Austria is a non combatant country?

To all American's reading this, Just because it says 28 degrees in a Canadian weather report, does not mean you bring your snow skis, have you heard of celcius?, 28 degrees is not way below freezing, just letting you know.

gardengorilla
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by gardengorilla » 08 June 10 5:01 pm

ha ha funny.... =D>

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 08 June 10 9:24 pm

AmboGuy wrote:Re DVixen's comment,
you are in Canberra and know I live in a Province
I hope so, I'm from Victoria, BC originally ;)

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 08 June 10 10:57 pm

OT, but back in 1997 as part of a trip funded by a redundancy payout me and the now ex travelled to Vancouver, then hired a camper van for 10 days and went through the Rockies before coming back through the Lake Okanagan area (hope I can remember the spelling after all this time). Probably missed Salmon Arm, but had a fantastic time while I was there and would absolutely love to be able to return and spend a lot more time in Canada. It was awesome and the scenery just fantastic.

AussieCacher
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by AussieCacher » 21 June 10 8:50 am

It sounds like a few Aussie's will make the trek to Geowoodstock. It would be great to meet up with a few. I will be attending Geowoodstock :D , along with the A.P.E cache, the original stash and Groundspeak. If anyone knows of anyone else let me know and I'm sure we can meet up.

Dave
~AussieCacher

fred6603

Post by fred6603 » 04 July 10 3:28 am

Just about leave the motel in North Bend for the short drive to Carnation where Geowoodstock is being held. 0930 US time. Hope to meet up with any other Aussies or ex Aussies.

fred6603

Post by fred6603 » 05 July 10 3:35 am

Survived Geowoodstock. There sure was a huge crowd of people there. The Check in process was very well managed as was the food service. The only drawback was the line up for toilets.
Met some other Aussies there and also caught up with Goblindust and The Blue Fox who we initially met at OzMega. Also met Mountain Man who is the reviewer for British Columbia.
After our four day event it felt strange to attend a one day Mega Event.