Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by Ozibags » 26 March 10 10:56 pm

Hey Mr headchef, how dair youse insiniate we Queenslamders are non-undustandabull we are all good edicated and no our stuff heap better than sum........eh! (ending in a rising tone) :)

theheadchef

Post by theheadchef » 26 March 10 11:11 pm

You gave yourself away there Ozibags, you spoke way tooooooooooooooo fast to be a Queenslander. :lol:

Fangsoki

Post by Fangsoki » 04 April 10 9:06 pm

Hi all - I'm Geoff from Lawnton in northern Brisbane. Been caching for about a month and a half now - after a friend of mine (Radnoski) introduced me to it. I am well addicted to it - and love getting out of the house and seeing new areas. I am slowly getting my head around the many aspects of caching

I have already met some folks out on the field - but look forward to meeting others :)

auntyjack

Post by auntyjack » 04 April 10 11:54 pm

Hi,

I am auntyjack from West Coast of Tas. I went hunting for first cache today but could not find it. Rats. Fun though.

MissSammy

Post by MissSammy » 05 April 10 5:37 pm

:) Hey all im Sam from Adelaide... Started this addictive hobby about 4 weeks ago..Im using the iphone and apps and think its great...Found a nano last night on a night run and OMG it was tiny...great work to you all that place them out there... Take care Sam

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 05 April 10 6:13 pm

auntyjack wrote:Hi,

I am auntyjack from West Coast of Tas. I went hunting for first cache today but could not find it. Rats. Fun though.
Hey Auntyjack.

I do a bit of work every month over in Rosebery, I've hidden a cache up near the old TME site (and theres anopther close by too) : http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1777.
Not a lot of caches over West, but hopefully there will be more as there are a fair few West Coast cachers around now it seems!

Nina
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Nina » 06 April 10 8:07 am

Hey there...we are the GrohlPatrol team...I was sick for a week with jetlag after having been to Vancouver for the Olympics...so there I was lying on the couch feeling particularly sorry for myself ...and extremely nauseous...when I began to watch one of my favourite shows on NatGeo Adventure...Word Travels...and a segment came on about Geocaching...in an instant I knew I wanted to become part of this world...and we have..it is fantastic fun...and as you all know ..takes you to places you would never think of going to in your travels...
:mrgreen:

pinkprincess1967

Post by pinkprincess1967 » 06 April 10 9:20 pm

Hi everyone :)

I'm PinkPrincess from Geelong. Myself and my 6yo daughter found our first geocache yesterday. We both loved the "treasure hunt" but Miss was disappointed she couldn't take anything home from our "find". I promised her we will return to do a swap.

One question... can you swap with anything if it's not a geo-something? The container had a x3 little toys in it, plus small notepad and pencil & a small metal something. I bought a little something for about $5 (a book light) as I couldn't decide on a similar toy to swap with. Will this do as a swap? Thanks everyone and I look forward to my next geocache hunt.

Cheers
PP67

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 07 April 10 12:23 am

Hi PP67. The general rule is swap up or swap even. So don't take something good and leave something poor. As you go caching more you will find a lot of older caches full of rubbish. When I was involved with kids they enjoyed the swaps, and maccas toys etc are suitable for that.

So just try and take a guess at what you are taking might be worth, and leave something of similar or greater value. The booklight would be fine as a swap, and probably better than needed for a small toy.

pinkprincess1967

Post by pinkprincess1967 » 07 April 10 12:56 am

Thanks Richary the tip about Macca's toys being suitable is great, the kids love any excuse to get that :) I did think of that just wasn't sure if it was deemed ok. I've got other ideas to swap from watching some videos on how it all works. Thanks again and happy cache hunting :)

Richary

Post by Richary » 07 April 10 6:23 pm

I will add that Maccas toys are great for easy kid friendly caches, though it is nice to see one or two other things in there as well. They aren't really suitable for a high terrain/long walk cache that kids are unlikely to be going along to.

magilla0_2

Post by magilla0_2 » 12 April 10 11:37 pm

Gday Guys
Newbie here, from Colac in Victoria
Heard about geocaching twelve months ago on a bike ride in WA. its exactly 12 months since then and I dusted of my old Etrex, we have just returned from Nelson in Victoria and found three caches, ran out of time on our forth. Kids think its pretty good fun and so do I. I now cant help but wonder how many I have walked past over the years.

jgc3

Post by jgc3 » 08 May 10 3:47 pm

Hi all,

We are pretty new to geocaching. Started when i bought a gps to go hiking not that long ago and saw this "geocaching" topic in the garmin manual.. the rest is history.. went on a hunt with my daughter.. many months later got my wife into it.. and we try to get out when we can..

Because of some recent medical issues.. haven't been out as often as we'd like.. but hope to be out there again more often in a couple of months.

We're from Mount Gambier.. mostly done local caches.. but it has been great..

We use JGC3 on geocaching.com

If you're done this way.. please check out our caches..

Cheers
James

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 08 May 10 6:58 pm

pinkprincess1967 wrote:... plus small notepad and pencil & a small metal something.
Just be careful that the notebook's not actually the logbook, not something that should be used as a swap!
The pencil's also probably meant to stay in the cache, and that "metal something" could be pencil sharpener maybe?

Pandora

Post by Pandora » 27 May 10 2:10 pm

Am a newbie ... tried to get my partner interested some years ago, but didn't quite happen, so am getting back into it.

Live near Picton, the Southern Highlands. Lost my licence (don't ask!), which doesn't go to court until September, so am trying to find caches close to home, until I (hopefully) let my licence back!

Used to do a lot of four wheel driving ... but alas, without a licence, that's on hold. #-o

Anyone in this area?