I NEED HELP AND QUICKLY!!!!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Doobie doo3
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

I NEED HELP AND QUICKLY!!!!

Post by Doobie doo3 » 12 December 07 6:16 pm

My gps is not saving any of the caches i download, even when i enter the coords manually. Ive done a master reset (its a garmin gpsmap 60cs). im going on holidays tomorrow and i wanted to do some caching while i was away so HEEELLPP!!

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 12 December 07 7:24 pm

How do you know it's not saving any of them? :?

More likely that they are there, however they have a different icon for the geocaching ones (not the closed treasure chest).....have you tried just finding waypoints, not geocaches, Find==>Waypoint?

A master reset may have defaulted the geocaching waypoint symbol to something you may not normally use.....

BTW enjoy your holidays :P

mm

gibbo003
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by gibbo003 » 12 December 07 7:47 pm

I have also found that if the waypoints are a long way away they will not show up. if you find waypoints by name you will probably see them

nomad_penguin
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by nomad_penguin » 12 December 07 8:55 pm

gibbo003 wrote:I have also found that if the waypoints are a long way away they will not show up. if you find waypoints by name you will probably see them
Yep - I panicked just before we went to Denmark, thinking that our Garmin wasn't working. Lo and behold, they didn't show up because they were too far away. Odds are that this is your problem. Good luck!

Sunshine Toledo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Sunshine Toledo » 12 December 07 9:54 pm

You are right above. I have just come back from NZ and when I loaded the caches on before going they didn't show up but once I got to NZ, there they were. I had the same problem with UK caches about 3 months ago when I went there so I knew about it for the NZ trip. You can bet they are on the GPSr but won't show up until you get near to them.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 12 December 07 11:46 pm

The Garmins (at least the eTrex) does the same. I came back from a Brisbane trip to Adelaide, forgot to load in the local waypoints again and went out. Pressed show nearest waypoint and nothin. Thought it was broken until I realised. Proved it by having a couple of local waypoints and it only showed those 2, not the other lot that were a long way away.

An undocumented feature obviously, but when I went to Paris last year I set home as a WP as well as loading in the ones for there, and if I manually selected it then it gave me the distance.

Doobie doo3
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Doobie doo3 » 13 December 07 6:23 am

Thankyou all, we realise that the caches being too far away was the problem so now i can go on my holiday happy!!

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 13 December 07 7:16 am

I seem to remember someone else having this exact same problem, now let me see, Hmmmm- who was it again------, nope sorry, cant remember who. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think if its over 200km from your present location, it wont show up on the 60's. But, it will if you change to the map page, and zoom out.

Cheers
bundy