Auto-routing maps for Australia?

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
radionut50

Auto-routing maps for Australia?

Post by radionut50 » 10 February 07 8:02 pm

Butterfly_Lady and Radionut50 are planning a trip to Oz later this year, probably caching in Adelaide, Alice Springs, Dawin and Brisbane.

We currently enjoy using a Garmin Nuvi for driving in New Zealand, with the pre-loaded City Navigator NZ auto-routing maps, and are looking for some similar maps for Australia.

It appears City Navigator Australia will cost me around $NZ475, more than half of the original purchase price of the device. It also appears that, while Metroguide Australia is available at around half the cost of City Navigator, it will not do autorouting, even though the US and Europe versions of Metroguide do.

In NZ we have locally generated auto-routing maps available a reasonable cost (http://www.nzgpsmaps.com/main.html), but I cannot find anything similar available for Australia.

Is anyone aware of any auto-routing maps available?

I have seen Tracks5Australia, and a few other map sources, but none can do routing.

I look forward to comments.

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 11 February 07 8:53 am

I'm sorry to say that CN is the only one I know of.

Dooghan

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 11 February 07 12:36 pm

Did you get the price in NZ?

It may ease the pain a little to know you can buy City Navigator for under $NZ400 here in Australia.

radionut50

Post by radionut50 » 11 February 07 12:59 pm

Thanks Dik. I have received two prices in NZ, one $NZ435 and one $NZ475. Can you point me to an on-line source in Oz?

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 11 February 07 1:21 pm

GPS Australia Excellent service and fast delivery is what got from them.

Dooghan