Visiting Melbourne Early Dec 2005

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
lordfishman

Post by lordfishman » 29 October 05 9:47 am

Hi I will be in Melbourne in early dec for a week or so.

Any interesting caches in the city itself that are worth a go or the surrounding area. I am visiting from Canada so I have no idea what to expect

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 29 October 05 2:55 pm

With 78 caches of varying types within 5km of the CBD, you should be able to find enough to keep you interested 8) <br><br>It's worth getting out into the countryside too if you've got time

lordfishman

Post by lordfishman » 30 October 05 3:29 pm

Yes I was checking out some caches in the city and there are lots to choose from. Oh i have a bit of time and I will be hiring a car so I want to do some caches along the "Ocean Highway"

Also are there any Travel Bug Hotels or caches where people put a lot of TB's in I really really want to take some Australian TBs back to Canada with me and I will be bringing several with me. I know I can just search for one but i would like one near the city or near Scoresby where I will be working.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 31 October 05 10:14 am

Hi lordfishman,

You're not coming over to play Ultimate Frisbee by any chance?

If you are, I'll seeya there :)

- Rog

caughtatwork

Re: Visiting Melbourne Early Dec 2005

Post by caughtatwork » 31 October 05 11:45 am

lordfishman wrote:Also are there any Travel Bug Hotels or caches where people put a lot of TB's in I really really want to take some Australian TBs back to Canada with me and I will be bringing several with me. I know I can just search for one but i would like one near the city or near Scoresby where I will be working.
Tulla Travel Bug Lounge (Melbourne Airport)

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 31 October 05 1:32 pm

There's an event cache on the first weekend in Dec, you might want to check that out for meet, greet and swap.