Sydney Virtual

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
Tallchief

Sydney Virtual

Post by Tallchief » 24 April 05 2:35 am

I was recently caching is Oz (Queensland and Sydney) and had a great time. I saw a beautiful site for a virtual in Sydney and wanted to post it. The rules of geocaching.com says that I must have a local maintenance cacher for a vacation cache even if it is a virtual. So:
1. do Aussies get offended by visitors placing caches?
2. Is there a local cacher that can check my co-ordinates and keep an eye on the virtual?
Thanks to all the Australian cachers.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 24 April 05 9:52 am

Geo.com always think the harbour bridge is going to get sold and moved to the grand canyon don't they ? :P

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 24 April 05 2:22 pm

Which part of Sydney were you thinking of? People will let you know pretty quick if your coords are out.
If you let us know the area I am sure someone nearby could check it for you.

Tallchief

Sydney Virtual

Post by Tallchief » 24 April 05 3:01 pm

It is near the Darling Harbour Bridge. It is sort of a consolation cache for those that come up empty handed for the "Oh Darling" cache (like myself). I can email the proposed page to whoever is willing to check it.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 25 April 05 2:08 pm

As long as it's not too close to the existing ones and is a worthy spot. Not many virtuals getting approved these days. Good luck.

Tallchief

Sydney Virtual

Post by Tallchief » 25 April 05 4:43 pm

I was suprised in Sydney that there weren't more virtuals. I would have liked to have found more interesting obscure sites that cachers usually share.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: Sydney Virtual

Post by riblit » 25 April 05 6:02 pm

Tallchief wrote:It is near the Darling Harbour Bridge. It is sort of a consolation cache for those that come up empty handed for the "Oh Darling" cache (like myself). I can email the proposed page to whoever is willing to check it.
Darling Harbour is getting pretty full, cache wise. There isn't a lot there that would qualify as a virtual under the new guidelines..

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 25 April 05 10:47 pm

But I saw that rubbish bin too.. Oh wait, there's a seagull.. or a ferry, ooh ooh...