Visiting Melbourne

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
yorkstan

Visiting Melbourne

Post by yorkstan » 05 March 05 2:47 am

I am arriving in Melbourne on Sunday morning and will be staying downtown on Exhibition Street. I would like to try and do some caches within walking distance of my hotel, as I have the whole day to kill before work on Monday. Can anyone give me any ideas of good caches to visit?
I also have a TB from the UK that is trying to get to the Barrier Reef, and I need to drop it somewhere. Any ideas?

Stan

acts2youthgroup
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by acts2youthgroup » 05 March 05 8:27 am

welcome to melbourne, i hope the weather fines up for u. its saturday morning and poring down.

there are quite a few caches near melb dakemu has some art related ones and there is also federation square ones by maccamob and biggles bear. have fun enjoy your stay in the worlds most livable city.

Eric

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 March 05 9:22 am

Melbourne CBD.

Some things to note:
GCG16V is archived.
GCMXZ8 is actually on Collins St. (I have the wrong co-ords on the map, sorry).
GCGM1K is probably a loooooooooooooong walk that takes you out of town.
GCHAG5 requires you to find a certain numbered tram which you may not get time to find.
GC973E is a virtual.
GCJ8HR is a virtual.
GCKTAN is the first point of a 5 part mystery (you will also need GACKTAP, GCKTAR, GCKTAT and GCKTAV). This set takes you on a walk down Southbank. The clues are all in the first cache, the others are so you can log each find getting 5 caches at the end of the walk. The walk is not too far and will probably take about an hour or so depending on the number of muggles.

Is that enough?

acts2youthgroup

Post by acts2youthgroup » 05 March 05 11:02 am

wow well done, i am impressed.

Eric

yorkstan

Post by yorkstan » 05 March 05 1:02 pm

Thanks a lot - the map is brilliant!

I now have all those caches loaded into Cachemate and my Palm, so should be able to hit the streets tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will stop by then, but at least it will be warmer than here. I am in Shanghai at the moment, and it is freezing.

Stan

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 05 March 05 2:56 pm

Not to forget GCG3TZ Exhibitionist which is a short walk up Exhibition Street from your hotel (and currently has a TB in it :) )