TB hotels: Sydney/Adelaide/Melbourne

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
niknrich

TB hotels: Sydney/Adelaide/Melbourne

Post by niknrich » 26 March 14 8:45 am

Hi!
We're visiting Australia very soon and wondered if anyone could recommend any tourist-friendly caches for TB swapping in central Sydney, Adelaide and/or Melbourne? The only one we found in Sydney seems to be temp disabled at present.

We'll be in Sydney from 29 Mar-2 Apr, Adelaide 3-5 Apr and Melbourne 6-10 Apr. We're planning on attending the event at Mrs Macquarie's Chair in Sydney on the 1st, but if there are any other local events in any of these cities we'd love to pop along - we're happy to move TBs around the country or back to the UK!

Cheers and see you soon!
Nikki & Rich (niknrich) from Leicestershire, UK

Tyreless
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Re: TB hotels: Sydney/Adelaide/Melbourne

Post by Tyreless » 26 March 14 11:20 am

I visited Melbourne last November. As a tourist I remember Welcome to Melbourne to be a good TB drop-off/pick-up place.

I live in Sydney but can't help you with one here as I don't get to cache in the city much. If you come over to Manly (nice 20 minute ferry trip from the city) there is a good big container at The Bower that also has fabulous views and is tourist-friendly. Note that the inventory says it currently has TBs in it but that may not actually be the case (which is not unusual with TBs these days :cry: ).

Cheers,

Geoff aka Tyreless

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 26 March 14 6:26 pm

I think the Sydney one may have just been fixed, but I personally dislike TB Hotels as such. Too much can go missing at once. If you are going to the event I would just take them there and pass them around.

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 30 March 14 12:19 am

I agree. No need for a TB hotel. Just drop them into any cache where they will fit.