Visit Hobart, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
Vrso

Visit Hobart, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane

Post by Vrso » 06 November 12 9:02 pm

I've challenge to visit these cities : Sydney, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane

Canberra 4/11 done
Sydney 5/11 done
Hobart 6/11 done
Melbourne 7/11 done
Darwin 8-9/11 done
Adelaide 10/11 done
Perth 11/11 done
Brisbane 12-15/11 done

In each city I rent a car, so no lift needed

If anyone wants me to join and share experiences and have fun, let me know by email vrso@me.com or call 044 980 3096

Thank you

Rasto

Nick: Vrso
Profil: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... 7a09b850c5
Last edited by Vrso on 15 November 12 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dippedidooda
2500 or more caches found

Re: Visit Hobart, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane

Post by Dippedidooda » 06 November 12 11:31 pm

Enjoy your quick trip in Tasmania - seems like you're meeting the challenge! Hope you enjoy your morning tomorrow before flying out at lunch time. Are you caching again before going to the airport?

Vrso

Post by Vrso » 07 November 12 12:23 am

Morning I will visit Cascade Garden and Factory and rest time caching. Yesterday I visited the Tahune Forest Airwalk and 360 degrees view from the summit of Mt. Wellington and had found few caches along the way. Tasmania is so green, colorfull... Beautiful island. Death line at airport is 11 AM.
Dippedidooda wrote:Enjoy your quick trip in Tasmania - seems like you're meeting the challenge! Hope you enjoy your morning tomorrow before flying out at lunch time. Are you caching again before going to the airport?

Dippedidooda

Post by Dippedidooda » 07 November 12 7:04 am

Best wishes on the rest of your journey!

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 07 November 12 11:56 am

I have an awful head cold, otherwise I'd be your girl for Melbourne. I'll ask the Facebook group for a taker.....

Vrso

Post by Vrso » 07 November 12 2:32 pm

I'm in Melbourne right now, ready for big hug. Any girl waiting for me??? Boys without hug??? :)
LouiseAnn wrote:I have an awful head cold, otherwise I'd be your girl for Melbourne. I'll ask the Facebook group for a taker.....

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 07 November 12 9:08 pm

A quick bit of background. A number of Aussie geocachers met Vrso in Dunedin at the Mega Event. He is a GC.com reviewer in Europe with the mad plan of finding a cache in each Australian state/territory. If he does it (which I think he will) he'll probably set a record for doing it in the shortest time.

Thankfully 'we' talked him out of driving around most of the country and he's decided to fly it instead.

I caught up with him on Monday while he was in Sydney and we had a great chat. He's a very friendly guy, keen to meet and talk with locals.

If you are to catch up with him during his Australian visit you're sure to have a great chat over a coffee or meal, and wish him luck.

mtbikeroz
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by mtbikeroz » 07 November 12 9:30 pm

The Spindoctors wrote:A quick bit of background. A number of Aussie geocachers met Vrso in Dunedin at the Mega Event. He is a GC.com reviewer in Europe with the mad plan of finding a cache in each Australian state/territory. If he does it (which I think he will) he'll probably set a record for doing it in the shortest time.

Thankfully 'we' talked him out of driving around most of the country and he's decided to fly it instead.

I caught up with him on Monday while he was in Sydney and we had a great chat. He's a very friendly guy, keen to meet and talk with locals.

If you are to catch up with him during his Australian visit you're sure to have a great chat over a coffee or meal, and wish him luck.

MtnLioness and I had a 30 min chat with him close to 11pm or so at the Octagon in Dunedin one night during the Mega. Very friendly indeed. I wish you well in the rest of your travels around OZ.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 07 November 12 11:43 pm

Hey there!
Remember me?

We chatted for ages at night near the octagon.
I can come to the City on Saturday and accompany you around the city for the day if you like.
Did you ever get any answers about the change of icon for the grandfathered movables?

My Phone Number is on my Geocaching.com profile page.

Vrso

Post by Vrso » 08 November 12 1:46 pm

The Spindoctors: Darren I have to say big Thank you, cause you helped me a lot with ideas and plans. If not your help, I would probably die on road somewhere in middle of nowhere :) Every meeting with you was full of new experiences for me.
I'm quite moderate guy, so I didn't want to scream "I'm the Reviewer" :) At least because I don't know if you like Reviewers here or not :)

mtbikeroz: that was nice chat for me as well. I got great idea from you to go for cache on Slope point, which I found 2 days after. Thank you

MtnLioness: I remember almost each nice girl I was speaking with, so how could I forget you???
I arranged for Saturday with another geocacher from Adelaide, but he offered to send me an email with schedule, but nothing happened. My mailbox is still empty and dry :) So I'm free for you, or if guy will make program, we can spend some time together. Looking forward to meet you.

That means Adelaide is fully booked for me.

Darwin? No geocachers there? I'm still waiting for you
Perth? All on holiday or busy? Contact me ASAP, don't miss chance to meet real European in Perth :)

Thank you all

Rasto

Skippy

Post by Skippy » 08 November 12 2:42 pm

hello Rasto, i did send you the email via GC.com.
i sent the email to vrso@me.com

cheers Skippy

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 08 November 12 10:32 pm

Touring around Oz quicker that the royals!

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 09 November 12 11:00 am

Vrso wrote: I'm quite moderate guy, so I didn't want to scream "I'm the Reviewer" :) At least because I don't know if you like Reviewers here or not :)
Oh, you're one of them... :mrgreen:

I hope your trip goes well, sorry I couldn't catch up again.

Vrso

Post by Vrso » 15 November 12 2:31 pm

All done ! I've found a cache in all States and theritories in Australia. My challenge is done.

I spent a great time. Have a big experience now. I felt cold in Tasmania or 33 degrees of Celsium in midnight in Darwin...

I travel a lot but now I can say, your country Australia and New Zealand are the most interesting countries. Here is still where to travel, see beautiful nature or meet nice people.

I have now few new friends, promissed for myself, I'll be back.

The best day with locals was in Adelaide. Since morning we were looking for geocaches with Tamara (MtnLioness) and her friend Rodney, afternoon Skippy and his nice wife took us for adventure trip to the mountains. We finished this busy day on very friendly party at Rodneys home.

Thank you all of you

Hopefuly see you on MEGA in Australia...

Rasto

Slovakia, EU

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 15 November 12 2:41 pm

Congratulations. Well done. All the best and hope to see you again soon.