Cairns, Sydney or Melbourne?

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
AKiteFlier

Cairns, Sydney or Melbourne?

Post by AKiteFlier » 16 June 11 12:03 pm

G'day mates.
I'm getting prepared for our trip in July. I've got some good info on caching in Adelaide area but I am still looking for ideas for the cities in my subject. I also have 6 or 7 TBs to bring with me so I need some help on caches that are bigger than typical urban micros...

Cairns - we're visiting Michaelmas Cay and Kuranda (July 6-7)
Sydney - we are there 3 days total (July 8-9-10)
Melbourne - we have 3 days also. (July 17-18-19)

I hope to meet some Aussie cachers when we are there - do you have an "event" room on the Forum - or where would I look for caching events or event caching partners?

Thanks,
AKiteFlier (Pam)

Earthbound Chief
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Re: Cairns, Sydney or Melbourne?

Post by Earthbound Chief » 16 June 11 6:20 pm

Hi AKiteFlier,
where are you staying in Melbourne and do you have any other plans while in town. We should be able to organise a meet'n'greet for you

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 16 June 11 7:46 pm

Same for Sydney, where ar you staying? And what sights are you planning to see?

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Visiting Sydney in July

Post by pjmpjm » 18 June 11 10:12 am

AKiteFlier wrote:G'day mates.
I'm getting prepared for our trip in July. I've got some good info on caching in Adelaide area but I am still looking for ideas for the cities in my subject. I also have 6 or 7 TBs to bring with me so I need some help on caches that are bigger than typical urban micros...

I hope to meet some Aussie cachers when we are there - do you have an "event" room on the Forum - or where would I look for caching events or event caching partners?

Thanks,
AKiteFlier (Pam)
Will soon write you another e-mail about Sydney. Just remember that it's winter in southern Australia! You'll find nice warm weather up in Cairns, though! We've been trying to organise a GCA moveable event (Gnomes) in the Sydney area, but must ask rogerw3 if there's been any interest shown.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 23 June 11 8:57 pm

If you are indeed coming to Adelaide then you may wanna get in touch with Barra, he is the Events man for Adelaide. He should be quite happy to set up a meet & Greet for you!

AKiteFlier

Post by AKiteFlier » 27 June 11 11:55 am

Earthbound Chief wrote:Hi AKiteFlier,
where are you staying in Melbourne and do you have any other plans while in town. We should be able to organise a meet'n'greet for you
Sorry I didn't get back to this reply sooner - been busy as a beaver at work getting ready to be gone!

We are in downtown at The Swanston Grand Mercure? from sunday 17 July - tues 19 July (we leave on 20th) We have plans to go to the Yarra WIneries on Monday 18 July but the rest of the time we are "on our own". I can be reached via email akiteflier at gmail dot com I'll watch the forums this week more closely. Thanks!!! I have some TBs from here to drop off too!

AKiteFlier

Post by AKiteFlier » 27 June 11 11:58 am

blossom* wrote:Same for Sydney, where ar you staying? And what sights are you planning to see?
Hi there - sorry for the delayed response - I'm frantic getting ready! We are at Metro Hotel on Pitt in Sydney from Friday 08 July through Sunday 10 July. Leave 11 July. We have no set itinerary - plan to do zoo, opera house, ferry? maybe the bridge (but not the climb). I can be reached via email akiteflier at gmail dot com. Looking forward to possibly meeting some folks in Sydney if it works out! THANKS

Pam (AkiteFlier)

AKiteFlier

Post by AKiteFlier » 27 June 11 11:58 am

MtnLioness wrote:If you are indeed coming to Adelaide then you may wanna get in touch with Barra, he is the Events man for Adelaide. He should be quite happy to set up a meet & Greet for you!
Yes - Adelaide too - will contact Barra post haste! Thanks.
Pam

Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Happy Chappies » 27 June 11 2:16 pm

In terms of decent sized urban caches to drop off TBs in Melbourne, this one's a must: http://coord.info/GC2GVR5 - No more than a 10 minute walk from your hotel.

pjmpjm
Twitter: Booroobin

Geocaching Events in Sydney

Post by pjmpjm » 27 June 11 10:04 pm

AKiteFlier wrote:G'day mates.

Thanks,
AKiteFlier (Pam)
The GCA moveable (gnomes) event I mentioned in an earlier posting is going to take place before you arrive, on July 2nd, in the Blue Mountains. It's a shame you'll miss this event, but it might be a bit too distant from the Sydney CBD in any case.

AKiteFlier

Post by AKiteFlier » 28 June 11 11:38 am

Thx for all the ideas. Looks like the Melbourne cache is getting muggled or pilfered of TBs. :(
Sorry I will miss the blue mountain event. I'll keep looking for ideas.