IN MELBOURNE FOR ANZAC DAY

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
Gwendolyn

IN MELBOURNE FOR ANZAC DAY

Post by Gwendolyn » 03 April 10 10:33 pm

Hi

For many years it has been my ambition to pay respects to the brave members of the Australian and New Zealander Armed Forces on ANZAC Day. It comes to fruitition this year.

Myself and Nell will be staying in Ferntree Gully for 10 days and hope to do a couple of days caching.

May, if weight permits, have a VHF / UHF Ham radio with me but will only only have UK frequencies available.

Look forward to some good caches.0

Gwen and Nell

Gwendolyn

Re: IN MELBOURNE FOR ANZAC DAY

Post by Gwendolyn » 20 April 10 4:16 am

I am afraid that the Icelandic Volcano has caused the cancellation of the flight to Melbourne. Thus the trip has had to be postponed until this August.

Gwendolyn and Nell

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 20 April 10 7:58 am

I'm sorry to hear that your trip has been delayed, and that you will miss ANZAC Day.

There are still lots of great monuments to visit and, of course, you will now have more time for caching when you finally get to Australia!

Gwendolyn

Post by Gwendolyn » 21 April 10 6:46 pm

Thank you for the kind wishes. I even had a token of Burnley, Lancashire, UK to leave in "That Park in Burnley". Still these things are sent to try one.

Still means I shall be able to do more caching when I do eventually arrive in Aug.

Will bring some travel bugs for release and also one of our "Help for Heroes" Geocoin for anyone who wants it.

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 22 April 10 8:17 am

Well, we'll 'see' you then!

Gwendolyn

Post by Gwendolyn » 19 July 10 2:42 am

Hopefully there will no issues to prevent my trip to Melbourne on the 2nd August. \:D/

Have a few coins, one to fullfill its goal and others to tour Australia, to drop off including a Help For Heroes charity coin.

Plans are underway for what caches to do and I am looking forward to generous hospitality and frienship I always receive from the Australian people.

May well have a Ham Radio hand-portable with me although I am considering buying the tri-band Alinco whilst there as UK sets do not give full coverage of the Australian VHF Bands

edmil
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by edmil » 19 July 10 8:33 am

Madeleine and I live in Upwey, Melbourne - just up the road from Ferntree Gully. There are also a few other cachers in the general area. There are a considerable number of great caches in the Hills and the surrounds. Keep us informed of your travels and if work permits - I am often interstate, we may be able to catch up for a coffee and some caching.

Eric & Madeleine