60 finds near Sydney before year end

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
IsqubaAndNawty
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

60 finds near Sydney before year end

Post by IsqubaAndNawty » 20 December 09 7:45 pm

We need 60 finds to make our 2009 goal of 2009 finds. We are splitting our stay between Dangar Island and Wollstonecraft and are now relying on public transit. Anyone available to help us reach our goal?

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: 60 finds near Sydney before year end

Post by Richary » 20 December 09 10:06 pm

Hi, sorry I didn't get to catch up with you properly at the BBQ last weekend.

Dangar Island is a problem as far as getting to caches is concerned, but there are quite a few within walking distance of Wollstonecraft, or if you hop the train up to Chatswood there are quite a few around there if you haven't already nailed those as a target for during the week. Gordon also has a few if you don't mind a longish round walk from the train station.

I could easily volunteer a day over the weekend after Christmas to do a cache run up the northern beaches area (Manly north towards Pittwater), while I have found quite a lot of them there are others I haven't, and it doesn't worry me to stop while you go and grab them. Lots of quick ones up there and a few others that require a bit of a short hike from the car. Some great views also.

Spent a month in Canada back in 1997, Vancouver up through the Rockies, then a week in Montreal. Loved the place and would love to go back there - caching or not!

Best to email me a phone number, have a Christmas party tomorrow night then will probably be in Newcastle Tuesday/Wednesday for work - though will be able to check emails at night and use the work phone to call back.

You might also get some more volunteers if you post this in the NSW forum section, don't know if everybody bothers reading this one.

IsqubaAndNawty
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by IsqubaAndNawty » 28 December 09 5:21 pm

Our thanks to Richary for volunteering to chauffeur us. Pity the weather did not cooperate.
We are picking up a car and heading to Canberra for the rest of the year. Anyone visiting Canberra who wants to cache with us? Contact us via our geocaching profile ( IsqubaAndNawty ). There is still a remote chance that we can get the numbers we need.

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 28 December 09 8:26 pm

If you post this in the ACT forums you may get some caching buddies. Also if you are travelling down the Hume Wmy and then onto the Federal Hwy and then onto Majura Rd into Canberra that gives you 39 caches to find before you even get there. All drivebys and shouldn't take you too long .

Richary

Post by Richary » 28 December 09 11:34 pm

Yes we had planned to head out today and try to knock over some around Mosman and the lower north shore, but the bucketing down rain put paid to that idea. Fingers crossed you manage to make it, but Canberra has a lot of caches in a small area (as long as you can find some that aren't devious puzzles).

As tronador says, there are a lot on the way down in rest areas etc, though some are northbound only. But you should get a fair haul on the trip down.

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 30 December 09 8:59 pm

Hello fellow Canadians! (I'm from Victoria, BC, originally.)

Hope you've been having a great trip so far - when you reach Canberra, I hope we can catch up! (If you aren't here already, that is!)

IsqubaAndNawty
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by IsqubaAndNawty » 05 January 10 6:20 pm

We encountered a few unforeseen issues on our way to Canberra and in Canberra. Turns out geocaching was not on top of the list for the people we were visiting and traveling with and our internet access was severely limited. We failed to make 2009 in 2009 and are now back in the Sydney area until we depart on Sunday. We can now relax and enjoy the caches we find via train, bus and ferry.

Richary

Post by Richary » 05 January 10 10:08 pm

Sorry to hear you didn't make the target number. Hope you have enjoyed your stay in any case - and a shame the rain stuffed up our cache run on the Monday to get you closer.