Visiting Sydney, Snowies, Canberra Nov 15-23

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
winglen
10000 or more caches found

Re: Visiting Sydney, Snowies, Canberra Nov 15-23

Post by winglen » 10 November 09 6:01 pm

Hello all, the reason for my irritation was that I was not aware of this thread - I mostly only watch the ACT forum, so the first I knew was when another cacher pointed this out this morning "You better look at this".

So, during the day I have conferred with Jusojara and a couple of the 'Friends of Rex' group and I think we have a plan. I assume the Visiting Snowies gathering isn't going to be an event (inside the time limit for notification ), and our Farewell Rex was deliberately not an event so that the farewell didn't become a temptation for some just to show up for the smiley (you can get one of those this coming Saturday!!!).

The simplest thing will be to hold both gatherings at O'Malleys and people can be part of one or other or both. If we end up all sitting together then that's OK, but what will probably happen is separate tables if the crowd is large. My post for the farewell remains on the ACT forum.

SecretSquirrel-BJC
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found

Post by SecretSquirrel-BJC » 10 November 09 7:15 pm

Hooray, I was wondering how I was going to swing both....

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 11 November 09 6:42 pm

winglen wrote:So let me get this right guys... you decided nearly a week ago to hijack a get together that I organised with a specific purpose in mind, and no one has yet let me know that you're doing this? It didn't occur that a pm might be a nice touch?

Obviously not.......

neoaddict

Post by neoaddict » 16 November 09 8:25 am

Hello all,

As I type we're in a cafe in Canberra stopping for some coffee and internet. We're on our way down to the Snowies now and will hopefully be seeing people at that gathering on Wednesday.

winglen

Post by winglen » 18 November 09 10:18 pm

Hello neoaddict,

Were you there at O'Malleys? Hard to know who's who in that place but we did wave a GPS around a bit, looked for those who looked like cachers (whatever that means?) or had American accents, and weren't sure whether you had been delayed on your adventures or we just missed you. Unfortunately no one had phone numbers or any other means of spotting you. Hope your travelling went well.