Drivers for Garmin Map60c

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
woodiebro

Drivers for Garmin Map60c

Post by woodiebro » 27 January 08 10:37 pm

I just loaded Mapsource onto my PC running XP Pro and when I plug in the GPS to USB the PC cant find the drivers. I uninstalled the Mapsource program and then pluged in the GPS turned it on, the PC tried to install the GPS as New hardware but stll cant find drivers. In Devices in My computer the GPS shows up as Yellow and not installed. I cant remember having seperated software for the GPS. It worked OK on my other computer running XP.

Thanks

Terry

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 28 January 08 9:16 am

Reinstall Mapsource again and have a look in the Garmin directory. In there you see a directory called "USB_Drivers", remember where it is. Plug the GPS in and when it ask you for the location of the driver, tell it the location of the "USB_Drivers" directory. All should be good then

Dooghan

woodiebro

Post by woodiebro » 28 January 08 1:01 pm

Thanks Dooghan.

I have tried that and looked in the Garmin Directory and there is no file for USB Drivers. Not even on the disk before installation.

I cant figure out why it wont appear, as I said it works on my other XP computer.

The mapsource version is 4.9

Terry

diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 28 January 08 1:08 pm

Go to the Garmin website and download the latest version of Mapsource and the USB drivers

Crisp image
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by Crisp image » 28 January 08 1:08 pm

You could always try and get drivers from the garmin website.
They would have the mos upto date one
Regards
Crisp Image

woodiebro

Post by woodiebro » 28 January 08 2:42 pm

Thanks for your replies
I have got all the updates off the Garmin site and installed and all is good now

Thanks for your help

Terry

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 28 January 08 2:54 pm

woodiebro wrote:Thanks Dooghan.

I have tried that and looked in the Garmin Directory and there is no file for USB Drivers. Not even on the disk before installation.

I cant figure out why it wont appear, as I said it works on my other XP computer.

The mapsource version is 4.9

Terry
Version 4.9!!! That was the problem. It wouldn't have come with USB drivers.

Dooghan