Google maps on GC

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
MODU
1100 or more caches found

Google maps on GC

Post by MODU » 27 January 08 8:05 pm

I used to be able to select the geocaching.com Google map link off a cache page and it would show all of the caches in the area, then when I moved the map it would refresh all of the caches in the new area. Now it just hangs when I move the map, is this something that is happening to other people? Is it meant to be happening? Is there a workaround?
MODU.

nomad_penguin
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by nomad_penguin » 27 January 08 8:16 pm

I think I understand what you are saying; went to have a look, and I'm not having any problems. At a loss to suggest why you might be :?:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 27 January 08 8:53 pm

Someone else was having trouble with them too in another thread.
Seem to be working ok for me.
There is a Google Maps link from the gca pages which also has the advantage of showing the gca nearby caches.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 27 January 08 8:56 pm

Damo. wrote:There is a Google Maps link from the gca pages which also has the advantage of showing the gca nearby caches.
Which as of this morning should be a *little* bit quicker!

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 27 January 08 9:23 pm

CraigRat wrote:
Damo. wrote:There is a Google Maps link from the gca pages which also has the advantage of showing the gca nearby caches.
Which as of this morning should be a *little* bit quicker!
Sweet! Google Maps is such a data hog. How'd you make it quicker?

MODU

Post by MODU » 27 January 08 10:44 pm

I just did a bit of searching on the GC forums (should have done that before) and found a thread there that discusses the problems, it seems I am not the only bunny having the problem and they have a fix, but dont know when it will be applied. Cheers. Modu
Groundspeak Forums > General Geocaching Discussions > Geocaching.com Web Site Error with maps EO. Web Runtime Debug Level to 0

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 27 January 08 11:17 pm

MODU wrote:I just did a bit of searching on the GC forums (should have done that before) and found a thread there that discusses the problems, it seems I am not the only bunny having the problem and they have a fix, but dont know when it will be applied. Cheers. Modu
Groundspeak Forums > General Geocaching Discussions > Geocaching.com Web Site Error with maps EO. Web Runtime Debug Level to 0
A look in the geocaching.com section here would have resulted in finding a post on Jan 21st discussing the same problem.
http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=9729