SA Fullers Street Directory CD

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Cached
2500 or more caches found

SA Fullers Street Directory CD

Post by Cached » 02 April 04 10:22 pm

Hi,

Lashed out on wednesday and purchased the Fullers CD for Adelaide. Have been playing around with it and have a couple of questions.

When I put the state map into the index folder and then open it as an index map, it attempts to load several *.ecw maps for some regions, such as mt lofty.ecw, riverland.ecw etc. Should these maps be on the CD? Are they available somewhere else?

Also, is there a text file available with the locations of the streets etc.? Its all well and good to have these wonderful maps, but it seems a little useless (apart from caching) without being able to work out what map "jones st, smithfield" is on.

Thanks

Cached

Fullers

Post by Cached » 03 April 04 8:48 am

It doesn't have an interface application, it's designed specifically for OZI.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 03 April 04 9:47 am

Pesky! wrote: I havent tried to load it into OZI.
Save yourself the heartache - Don't try.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: Fullers

Post by riblit » 03 April 04 9:57 am

All Cached Up wrote:It doesn't have an interface application, it's designed specifically for OZI.
Have you read the Ozi help file and tried the demo? Always worth doing..
If the streets are in a text file you will need to run it through the namesearch creator - check the Ozi help file for details.
There are street and other facilities files in the correct format on the 'net. Their location has been previously published in these forums.
The index should only load one file, however it will initiate a search and index of map files in the path so Ozi can draw the rectangles showing maps available for the area.

Where are your .map files? are they in the same folder as the image files?

You can put the .map files on your hard drive and leave the images on CD. To do that you have to change the image path in the map files. Details on how to do it are in the help file.

hardunits
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by hardunits » 04 April 04 12:11 am

I purchased this a while a go from "The Map Shop". They told me at the time that you would soon be able to download an index from theor web site. Doesn't seem to be there yet.

You have reminded me to ask them about it though. I will send them an email and let you know what the story is if I get a reply.

It is great for caching though which is why I bought it. The Fullers Maps are much better than the UBD maps IMO.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 04 April 04 12:41 am

hardunits wrote:I purchased this a while a go from "The Map Shop". They told me at the time that you would soon be able to download an index from theor web site. Doesn't seem to be there yet.

You have reminded me to ask them about it though. I will send them an email and let you know what the story is if I get a reply.

It is great for caching though which is why I bought it. The Fullers Maps are much better than the UBD maps IMO.
just go to http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Elink_ ... earch.html and download whatever you need.

hardunits
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by hardunits » 04 April 04 12:51 am

riblit wrote:just go to http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Elink_ ... earch.html and download whatever you need.
Excellent thanks for that link. That is everything I need.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 04 April 04 1:40 am

That looks like a great pile of info. Will pull them down at work tomorrow or Monday rather than over the dialup though. 2MB d/l at work :D

Thanks for putting that together.

Cached

Fullers etc.

Post by Cached » 13 April 04 1:40 am

Hey,

Thanks for the index information, that certainly makes it easier.

It's all installed properly, but seems to include .MAP files for which there are no corresponding .ECW files. Off the top of my head - Mt Lofty Ranges.ecw is one of them. I have searched the CD - they are not there.

Can anybody confirm that they are also having this problem?

The Brumby Mob

Re: Fullers etc.

Post by The Brumby Mob » 13 April 04 10:46 am

All Cached Up wrote: Can anybody confirm that they are also having this problem?
I can confirm that I also have the same problem. I sent an email to them about it asking where I could get the files, but got no response.

hardunits
200 or more found
200 or more found

Re: Fullers etc.

Post by hardunits » 13 April 04 8:58 pm

The Brumby Mob wrote:
All Cached Up wrote: Can anybody confirm that they are also having this problem?
I can confirm that I also have the same problem. I sent an email to them about it asking where I could get the files, but got no response.
Mine is all fully intact. Give "The Map Shop" a call. I think they produce it.

The Brumby Mob

Post by The Brumby Mob » 14 April 04 3:06 pm

Well, got through to the Map Shop, and the files are not part of the disk. The map files appear to have gotten onto the disk by accident.

The image files can however be purchased for the wee price of $149 each. I think there are about 6 such files so that rounds off to a tidy $900 if you want them all.

Your other alternative is to just delete the map files.

Cached

Fullers

Post by Cached » 15 April 04 1:13 pm

The Brumby Mob wrote:Well, got through to the Map Shop, and the files are not part of the disk. The map files appear to have gotten onto the disk by accident.

The image files can however be purchased for the wee price of $149 each. I think there are about 6 such files so that rounds off to a tidy $900 if you want them all.

Thats pretty poor, when I believe the maps we are talkinga bout are in the paper copy!

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: Fullers

Post by riblit » 15 April 04 4:09 pm

All Cached Up wrote:
The Brumby Mob wrote:Well, got through to the Map Shop, and the files are not part of the disk. The map files appear to have gotten onto the disk by accident.

Thats pretty poor, when I believe the maps we are talkinga bout are in the paper copy!
It's also interesting that the .ecw files are on the hardunits copy..