OziExplorer/GSAk

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Team Prado - WA 1968

OziExplorer/GSAk

Post by Team Prado - WA 1968 » 23 July 07 7:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I know I am going to be called lazy, and I could spend hours wading through all the past topics, however I know some one will be able to provide a link easier.

I have upgraded from Fugawi mapping software to OziExplorer and was wondering if there is an easy way to load the waypoints from the website or from GSAK. I am sure there is a way, but just need to be pointed in the correct direction.

Cheers

Ash
Team Prado - WA 1968

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 23 July 07 7:35 pm

Open gsak with your pq loaded , then go to top left corner.
File , export oz wpt file and then select where to save it to , before you generate the wpt file make sure to tick the box to auto load and open ozi with said wpt file, then all goes well ozi will open give you a map choice(depends what map(s) you have!

Postman Pat
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Postman Pat » 24 July 07 10:51 am

In GSAK you can also put a button in the tool bar from the list which will do this automatically I think that I had to tell it where ozi was to start with but it remembers it now. you can do the same for mapsource and Nroute
ron

Team Prado - WA 1968

Post by Team Prado - WA 1968 » 30 July 07 2:07 pm

OK...I've got another dumb question...when import all my waypoints from GSAK to OziExplorer it lists the waypoints, however when I exit the program and go back into it later, the waypoints are not saved.

Secondly, if I do download the waypoints from GSAK and then include more waypoints on GSAK, i.e. another GPX file loaded into it, when I export that to OziExplorer I seem to end up with a duplication of waypoints.

All these questions must sound really dumb and probably are but I am a real newbie with OziExplorer....thinking now I should have stuck with Fugawi.

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 30 July 07 3:34 pm

Team Prado - WA 1968 wrote:OK...I've got another dumb question...when import all my waypoints from GSAK to OziExplorer it lists the waypoints, however when I exit the program and go back into it later, the waypoints are not saved.
They probably are saved, you just have to load them again next time you open OZI. (Or maybe check the path you are saving it to / GSAK is exporting it to.)
Team Prado - WA 1968 wrote:Secondly, if I do download the waypoints from GSAK and then include more waypoints on GSAK, i.e. another GPX file loaded into it, when I export that to OziExplorer I seem to end up with a duplication of waypoints.
How are you doing this? (Are you adding another set of points to an existing file?)

Unless you get a better (local) offer . . . I use Ozi & GSAK all the time so I should be able to help you with the step-by-step process on how I go about it. . . . Send me an email or PM to start the ball rolling.
Team Prado - WA 1968 wrote:All these questions must sound really dumb and probably are but I am a real newbie with OziExplorer....thinking now I should have stuck with Fugawi
Maybe. Ozi is much better IMHO.

fehrgo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by fehrgo » 31 July 07 2:19 am

Be warned also that if you are exporting to OziCE, there is a limit to the number of waypoints it will allow. I am not sure on the number, but I know there are issues in my configuration if I exceed 500. If I try to add a new waypoint via the PDA, it will complain that there are too many waypoints.

3BlindEyes

Post by 3BlindEyes » 31 July 07 7:21 pm

Hi fehrgo, the number of waypoints that OziCE can handle is 1004. I found out the hard way when we visited a cache and we missed one close by as it wasn't on the list due to OziCe truncating my 1100 odd cache list. Oh well, good excuse to go back another day!