shonkymaps online

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
shonkylogic
1600 or more caches found

Post by shonkylogic » 04 June 07 10:11 pm

Zytheran wrote:
Bronze wrote:
Dooghan wrote:
Bronze wrote:This guy here :arrow: Shonkylogic

He's planning world domination. Starting with mapping software then next... who knows, game consoles maybe.

Bunya and Dooghan are a bit sus too. Keep your other eye on them. :wink:
Must be hitting the special blend again :roll:
See trying to discredit me.

There up to something. :?
Shonky, we know where they live. I think they don't really have enough puzzles around that area.. :twisted:
Or we could mark a certain spot on the Dubbo map square as a 'comfort' stop... with tea Provided!

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 25 June 07 1:39 pm

Thanks Pesky.
High-tech teapot delivers caffeine!!

Caffeine comes in many forms to tickle the taste-buds and please the palate. While some prefer their caffeine to be a simple tasteless pill form, most like to enjoy and savor the flavor. Sodas and coffee are the most popular, but the caffeine delivery system that gets the least amount of attention is tea.

Ah, tea - that most ancient and honored brew! A simple infusion of herbs. Sometimes dried, often oxidized, tea is a natural source of caffeine as well as theobromides, anti-oxidants, polyphenols and amino acids. All that chemistry may sound intimidating, but it all translates to yummy goodness.

The problem with tea, though, is it can be a little fiddly to make the perfect cuppa. Anybody who knows anything about tea knows that the best is made from loose tea leaves. Get that teabag crap outta here! You know as well as we do that you'd be made fun of if you brought out your nice shiny porcelain teapot. "Ooh!" you can hear your coworkers saying, "Do you have doilies? Is it time for finger sandwiches?" Grr.

We've got the coolest way possible to make a perfect cup of tea with no mess. The IngenuiTEA holds up to 16 ounces of brew and tea leaves. After the specified amount of brewing time, just rest the pot over your mug, and the spring-loaded valve empties the tea into your mug, leaving the spent leaves behind. Dump and rinse, and you're done. Easy!

So whether yours is a nice toasty genmaicha, or a spicy rooibos, an earthy oolong, or a lovely bergamot Earl-Grey, there's no finer way to get your tea fix!

Nice brew but I still don't trust those maps.

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 03 July 07 12:12 am

Pesky! wrote:http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/96bb/
a new one for Bronze...

Tea...
Yeah..
Right..
Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee :o

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 10 July 07 8:12 pm

Zytheran wrote:
Pesky! wrote:http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/96bb/
a new one for Bronze...

Tea...
Yeah..
Right..
Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee :o
So you dont know Pesky !!

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 10 July 07 8:48 pm

as this is a sticky thread can we keep it on topic as much as possible

thanks
:D

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 10 July 07 9:29 pm

Mix wrote:as this is a sticky thread can we keep it on topic as much as possible

thanks
:D
:oops: it's the thread police

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 10 July 07 10:45 pm

Mr Router wrote: :oops: it's the thread police
Wondering how long before calculon and his mate show up, or at least the latest episode in their travels

shonkylogic

Post by shonkylogic » 26 July 07 3:03 pm

Ok guys, version 3.40 is now available. <br><br>

The difference is in the draw-priority of the maps. They no longer conflict with other map sets such as T4A, and each map set can be selected or hidden separately on the device. <br><br>

Within the map setup page on the GPSr where it allows individual maps to be enabled or disabled, if one then hit 'menu' again, one should see an option to hide or display each different series of maps loaded. <br><br>

eg. Hide Shonkymaps full topo<br>
Show Shonkymaps large scale etc<br><br>

The first entry in this thread on page 1 has the download details.<br><br>

Refer to the history.txt and readme.txt files for more information. Enjoy, and don't get lost!.<br><br>

p.s. If somebody would like to setup a bittorrent distribution please go ahead.<br>

p.s.s. Bronze, "there's nothing shonky about shonkymaps"

Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 26 July 07 3:44 pm

What's the procedure to upgrade from 3.31 to 3.40?

Do we uninstall 3.31 first?

Regards

Jardry

shonkylogic

Post by shonkylogic » 26 July 07 4:09 pm

If you're installing into the same directory then theoretically you shouldn't need to uninstall first, but it's probably safer if you do.

binns1012
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by binns1012 » 30 July 07 4:22 pm

Hi Shonky I have got your maps up and running on my PDA using GPS VP software free and it works really good thanks for the maps
regards Tony

gr8cherokee
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by gr8cherokee » 18 August 07 12:17 pm

Shonky these maps make MapSource look gr8, now with the added detail I might be inclined to use it a bit more. gr8 work and another gr8 south Oz invention. :roll:

Sunshine Toledo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Sunshine Toledo » 23 August 07 12:07 pm

Shonky:
This mapping stuff is all new to me. I use a Garmin Vista Cx and in the past I must have downloaded T4A. Don't know how I did it but I have been using it but I notice that when using the mapping screen the arrow often goes off the road which indicates to me that the map isn't exactly accurate.
I have just now downloaded onto the Garmin your maps for our area and although it took a while to master I got them on. I noticed that it deleted the T4A maps too.
Anyway, my question is that I notice that I can upload from the GPSr; maps, tracks etc to the mapping on the PC. What will that do before I try it? Will it draw the tracks etc onto the existing maps and update the mapping on the PC to be more accurate?? Thanks for any help. ST.

shonkylogic

Post by shonkylogic » 25 August 07 12:38 am

Uploading maps from the unit doesn't actually upload the maps, it only saves a list of the maps that you originally had on the unit. You can upload tracks and waypoints, and save them, but the data is stored separately to the maps. If you have the tracks and waypoints loaded on the PC they will be drawn over the top of whatever map you have selected.

You're right about downloaded maps overwriting, each map set you download to the gps will overwrite the previous mapset. But you can select multiple mapsets and download them all at once and switch them on and off independently (this is possible on the 60 series, not sure about the Vista).

Somebody else might know this...