PDA/Phone/bluetooth solutions

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
MODU
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

PDA/Phone/bluetooth solutions

Post by MODU » 03 April 07 10:53 pm

Our old PDA charger has decided to pack it in (Toshiba e310 if anyone has one lying around they want to get rid of).
So I am thinking I of upgrading to a phone/PDA so I dont have to carry around a phone as well, then I thought if I get a bluetooth GPS receiver I can save carrying the GPS as well. So what I wanna know is who is running a solution like this,
how long have you been using it,
does it work well,
what hardware are you using,
what software are you using,
what else do I need,
any other comments.
Paul.

cebidae
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by cebidae » 03 April 07 11:03 pm

I'm doing this.

I have a ETEN M500 Pocket PC Phone with a bluetooth GPS. I use Beeline GPS for the cache hunt and Tom Tom for the navigation. It also works reasonably well as a MP3 player and ebook reader. And calendar and contacts, and probably other stuff too. :)

I've been using this since I started caching in November, and have had no problems. Before that I used it and Tom Tom for Car navigation for some time now.

I think it is probably pretty good geocacher camo too, as I probably just look like someone listing to music on their phone most of the time while I'm caching, so I'm probably not as obvious as someone carrying around a bright yellow GPS with a huge antenna poking out ;)