Netgear

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Netgear

Post by Mr Router » 14 January 07 7:12 am

OT: Short of anyways! For a mission we are working on the purchase of wireless dongle was required.
So off to the computer fair to acquire one, we ended up with a netgear wg111v3.Load the required software and in 10ish minutes everything was to plan :!: all good signs. When the s&!^ hit the fan was when we went to reboot the final instalation, All fast log off and on screens back to povo models :shock: :shock: :? A quick trip to the accounts department to find the settings could not be changed :shock: :shock: :shock: This is when gina popped her head up, one Rtlgina2.dll conflicting with the original gina.dll. :? Fast trip to Google and several answers appeared :)
tried one little exe program which did realien to the original gina :D but then thanks to don :( the control wizard would not light up when clicking on the desktop short cut :evil: Naughty gina :!: anyhw there was other suggestion of deleting the original registery dll but wery of this :wink:
Has anybody had this problem with any netgear products conflicting with what seems only windows XP media, how did you overcome it or just put up with povo sign in-out?

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 14 January 07 9:04 am

If you can translate that into something resembling the Queen's English you can phone netgear support on 1300 361 254 for free support within 90 days of the product purchase.

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 14 January 07 11:32 am

From the little bits that i could understand there, it sounds similar to the problems that i had with the netgear USB wireless dongle that i acquired.

The fact that it forced me to use the netgear software to manage the wireless connection (which was highly unreliable to put it nicely), and gives you absaloutly no option to stop it from making you log on to windows (even if there is only 1 user and no password on that account), and that was all after about 3 reboots as the wireless dongle sometimes caused windows not to load at all

Needless to say it is now collecting dust and, im going to invest in a PCI card instead, as its for my Home Theatre PC. Not being able to stream internet radio is frustrating

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 14 January 07 11:37 am

setsujoku wrote:..gives you absaloutly no option to stop it from making you log on to windows (even if there is only 1 user and no password on that account),.....

Needless to say it is now collecting dust and, im going to invest in a PCI card instead, as its for my Home Theatre PC. Not being able to stream internet radio is frustrating
A fair chunk of their PCI wireless cards require you to log into windows before it will establish a wireless connection for the computer too.... And as you said, it's crappy software too...

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 14 January 07 3:25 pm

riblit wrote:If you can translate that into something resembling the Queen's English you can phone netgear support on 1300 361 254 for free support within 90 days of the product purchase.
And which part other than my spelling could you not understand Mr Riblit :?:

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 14 January 07 4:48 pm

I have this netgear card and got the same problem. It installs a driver so that it can connect to the network before you get to the login screen, but unfortunately it means that it could change your preferences for what you see on your login screen.

If you google a bit you can find the name of a registry key to remove that will re-enable the ability to change your login screen to what you had previously. (I don't remember it off the top of my head.) Once this has been done you can use either the Netgear wireless config tool or the windows one.

Ah - here it is http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 3#r8735313