Aaargh!!! What am I doing wrong?!!!!

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
fat_chook

Aaargh!!! What am I doing wrong?!!!!

Post by fat_chook » 14 December 06 9:28 pm

I've upgraded my membership to Premium and am trying to download multiple waypoints in GPX format all at once. This is what I'm doing:-

On geocaching.com
Search for postcode 4565
Matches 119 records
At the bottom of the page I choose "Check All"
then Download Waypoints
When it asks if I want to open or save this file, the file is automatically called 'geocaching.loc'

I thought if I upgraded my membership to Premium I could download multiple GPX waypoints at once?

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to download them one by one if I want them as GPX files?

(I've downloaded GSAK to open the files in and if I do it one by one, theres no problem, but 119 one at a time is a bit much)

TeamBeanDare
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by TeamBeanDare » 14 December 06 9:33 pm

From the my account section aat GC.com find the pocket queries section on the right hand side and create a query for the caches you want.

Use a program like GSAK to manage you waypoints.

fat_chook

Post by fat_chook » 14 December 06 10:22 pm

Thanks TeamBeanDare. I just ran a pocket query and got 105 records but they still want to download as a LOC file. Will give it a rest tonight and have another go in the morning :?

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 14 December 06 10:45 pm

did you specify gpx in the pocket query?

juzmac
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by juzmac » 27 December 06 12:03 pm

fat_chook wrote:Thanks TeamBeanDare. I just ran a pocket query and got 105 records but they still want to download as a LOC file. Will give it a rest tonight and have another go in the morning :?
As Riblit pointed out - you will need to specify the GPX format for the pocket query. When creating a new query - there is a drop down box just above the submit information button. The options are .gpx and .loc so changing that should fix it all up for you...

Cheers
Justin

Sunshine Toledo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Sunshine Toledo » 27 December 06 3:42 pm

When downloading into your GPSr you usually only get .loc files to download. Gpx files are used on your computer and in a PDA but won't download to a GPSr. I think that is correct.