Map goes blank at certain zoom levels

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
littlejohnny

Map goes blank at certain zoom levels

Post by littlejohnny » 23 July 06 11:25 am

G'day,

I'm running OziCE on an hp4150 with globalstar bluetooth gps, and in this instance I've got a CFS firemap loaded from a SD card.

When I travel over a certain point (south of a line), the map goes blank at zoom levels 25% & 40% (which is what I mainly use). Moving map still works and it continues to track, but no map. Zoom out to 10%, or in to 60% and it's happy.

It happens regardless of whether or not I've got a waypoint file loaded.

It's got me stuffed. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
John

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 23 July 06 6:51 pm

This happened to us when we did not have all map paths open(all 2) ozice seems to corrupt most things on ppc this could be something to take up with the program writer. More problems will arise with bluetooth to gps unless you go through a set boot process to ease the use of avail ram when first starting programs.
When these things work properly they are great but when things go wrong they seem to get very close to an open window, ours nearly stayed in Narramine just yesterday!

arthurking83

Re: Map goes blank at certain zoom levels

Post by arthurking83 » 24 July 06 12:36 am

littlejohnny wrote:..... and in this instance I've got a CFS firemap loaded from a SD card.
When I travel over a certain point (south of a line), the map goes blank at zoom levels 25% & 40% (which is what I mainly use). Moving map still works and it continues to track, but no map. Zoom out to 10%, or in to 60% and it's happy.

It happens regardless of whether or not I've got a waypoint file loaded.

......[/quote]

this seems to indicate that there you only have one map loaded, and the map displays OK when NOT in that blank zone at those zoom levels??

Is it correct to assume that you have ONE LARGE map of this area, and it sometimes works and then not(and then goes blank at the specified point/zoom)?

OR do you have MANY SMALLER maps that OziCE needs to search through to load as you move along in moving map mode?

maybe a more accurate description of th emaps is in order?

The only trouble I've had with OziCE not showing a map is the map may be corrupt, it may not have been converted to ozf(x) format, or the naming convention is wrong???

Otherwise all my single large mapmerged map all work perfectly?

One other point could be that if you had a set of smaller maps, and they were mapmerged, maybe the one that goes blank at zoom X and Y may have been configured to only work at any zoom other than X or Y???

(I really can't think of any other guesses as to why you're having this problem??? Although I'm no OziCE expert :oops: )

binns1012
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by binns1012 » 24 July 06 11:25 am

Have you checked in the zoom levels section in configuration / general/zoomlevels , there are options in there for extra map zooms . Hope this helps
reagrds Tony

littlejohnny

Post by littlejohnny » 24 July 06 5:03 pm

Thanks for your thoughts folks.

The map is a single map, so it's not trying to go from one map to another.
Zoom levels are activated - I generally use 25% on this particular map

. . this seems to indicate that there you only have one map loaded, and the map displays OK when NOT in that blank zone at those zoom levels??
Correct.

. . Is it correct to assume that you have ONE LARGE map of this area, and it sometimes works and then not(and then goes blank at the specified point/zoom)?
Yes, one large map. Works happily till I get to a certian point (a line running east-west) and then goes blank (because I generally use zoom 25% with this map). Zoom in to 60% and it's happy. I'm not, becuase I can't see much!

Mr Router - can you shed some more light on the boot process please?

Thanks