New Program - GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 15 November 04 12:36 am

Damo. wrote:What is the easiest way to sort out caches found? I have a lot in the list that don't recognise I have found them.
If you are using GPX files from Groundspeak this will happen automatically, otherwise you will have to update the found status manually.

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Printing Condensed HTML

Post by Aushiker » 23 November 04 3:06 pm

Hi

Still getting my head around the program, but I seem to have a problem printing in condensed HTML. Rather than getting say all logs or ten logs, I only get five logs, whenever I select an amount greater than "last five." Thoughts?
<p>
Thanks<br>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Printing Condensed HTML

Post by ClydeE » 23 November 04 3:23 pm

Aushiker wrote:Hi

Still getting my head around the program, but I seem to have a problem printing in condensed HTML. Rather than getting say all logs or ten logs, I only get five logs, whenever I select an amount greater than "last five." Thoughts?
Do you have more than 5 logs in your database?

When you get a PQ from geocaching.com you only get the last 5 logs. (plus your own found log if not in the last 5). However, GSAK will accumulate these as time goes by (unless of course you are taking the option to clear out the database on load each time) so then you will get more than 5.

Aushiker

Re: Printing Condensed HTML

Post by Aushiker » 23 November 04 4:07 pm

ClydeE wrote:
Aushiker wrote: When you get a PQ from geocaching.com you only get the last 5 logs. (plus your own found log if not in the last 5). However, GSAK will accumulate these as time goes by (unless of course you are taking the option to clear out the database on load each time) so then you will get more than 5.
<P>
Okay, I must be clearing out the database on load each time. Not sure how to turn that off but will look at the options when I next update. Thanks for your reply.
<p>
Andrew

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 23 November 04 4:16 pm

Clyde,

When I export to Mapsource 6.2, it converts the mps file to gds. Does GSAK have a selection for gds?

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 23 November 04 4:33 pm

All Cached Up wrote:Clyde,

When I export to Mapsource 6.2, it converts the mps file to gds. Does GSAK have a selection for gds?
It is not needed. Mapsource 6.2 accept the MPS file that GSAK generates just fine.

dak's Emu Mob
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 02 December 04 10:59 am

G'day Clyde,
<p>
I keep meaning to ask what the yellow square means in the 'Last Four Logs' indicator. I had a squizz in the online help, but didn't see anything.
<p>
<p>
I'm wondering does it mean "Needs Archived".
<p>
Cheers,
<p>
dak

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 02 December 04 11:09 am

dak's Emu Mob wrote:G'day Clyde,
<p>
I keep meaning to ask what the yellow square means in the 'Last Four Logs' indicator. I had a squizz in the online help, but didn't see anything.
<p>
<p>
I'm wondering does it mean "Needs Archived".
<p>
Cheers,
<p>
dak
Yes, it does mean "Needs archived" <p>

BTW, when you click on the help hot link for this column it does tell you that :wink:

dak's Emu Mob

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 02 December 04 7:47 pm

ClydeE wrote:BTW, when you click on the help hot link for this column it does tell you that :wink:
<p>
Drat! Another case of read the manual properly.
<p>
Thanks Clyde.
<p>
dak

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 11 December 04 3:27 pm

Hi
<p>
Okay, not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have a couple of caches (one is my own and one I have found) which are not showing a date in the "last found" or "last logged" columns yet both have been found and both have logs. The details section is showing logs.
<p>
I get a regular download from gc.com which seems to be updating other caches okay.
<p>
When importing a gpx file, I have database update options set to always and Found status update options set to always.
<p>
Comments?
<p>
Thanks<br>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 11 December 04 4:21 pm

Aushiker wrote:Hi
<p>
Okay, not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have a couple of caches (one is my own and one I have found) which are not showing a date in the "last found" or "last logged" columns yet both have been found and both have logs. The details section is showing logs.
<p>
I get a regular download from gc.com which seems to be updating other caches okay.
<p>
When importing a gpx file, I have database update options set to always and Found status update options set to always.
<p>
Comments?
<p>
Thanks<br>
Andrew
Firstly check if the cache is locked (right mouse click, select edit, and look at the lock check box)
<p>
If not then, do a Database=>Repair/Defrag, then load the GPX file again
<p>
Do we still have an issue?

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 11 December 04 4:43 pm

ClydeE wrote:Firstly check if the cache is locked (right mouse click, select edit, and look at the lock check box)
<p>
<p>
<p>
Hi
<p>
Okay, did as asked. The one, which is a new cache and which I am the only finder, shows the date I found it in the column "Found by me" but no date in the column "Last found." I assume this is because I am the only finder?
<p>
The one I own, is still now showing the last found date. Thought it had initially, but looked at the wrong cache.
<p>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 11 December 04 6:35 pm

Aushiker wrote:
ClydeE wrote:Firstly check if the cache is locked (right mouse click, select edit, and look at the lock check box)
<p>
<p>
<p>
Hi
<p>
Okay, did as asked. The one, which is a new cache and which I am the only finder, shows the date I found it in the column "Found by me" but no date in the column "Last found." I assume this is because I am the only finder?
<p>
The one I own, is still now showing the last found date. Thought it had initially, but looked at the wrong cache.
<p>
Andrew
No, both these should show a last found date, so it just doesn't make sense.
<P>
Please take a backup of just this one database (File=>Backup) and be sure to tick the "settings" box as well. Now FTP this and the GPX file you are loading to my debug area so I can interrogate and see what is going on.
<p>
site: debug.gsak.net<br>
user: debug@gsak.net<br>
pass: debug123

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 12 December 04 3:26 pm

ClydeE wrote:No, both these should show a last found date, so it just doesn't make sense.
<P>
Please take a backup of just this one database (File=>Backup) and be sure to tick the "settings" box as well. Now FTP this and the GPX file you are loading to my debug area so I can interrogate and see what is going on.
<p>
I did a bit more playing and accidently deleted the whole database, so can't do as asked. To replace the database I set up a pocket query to download all the WA caches from gc.com. Received that this morning and it now is showing the caches correctly. Will see how this goes. If the problem returns will upload as per request. Thanks for help.
<p>
Andrew

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Version 5

Post by ClydeE » 15 December 04 3:21 pm

GSAK version 5 is now ready to download.

Major changes this release:
Custom Tool bar - Add/Remove/ buttons on the tool bar (also change their position)
Custom Search bar - Select, Move, Size, controls on the search bar
New "settings" option added to all export dialogs.
New "settings" option added to GPX load dialog
Macro language can now control all options for the Export and Load dialogs
New macro commands
New special tags
Database changes to make saving of icons and corrected coordinates more robust
Support for Delorme Topo USA, Street Atlas Plus (Including shipped and custom icons)
Support for Memory Map (Including shipped and custom icons)
Major overhaul of GSAK generated HTML to fix mal formed pages and better support PDA "non graphics" formats
Icon overrides - override icons for "micro" cache type and others like GPX spinner
Ability to Move/Copy waypoints between databases (Database=>Move/Copy Waypoints...)
Ability to purge logs from your database (Database=>Purge Logs...)
New uncluttered default tool bar (but customize the way you want it)
Automatic check for newer version of GSAK (May need firewall authorization if you have firewall software installed)

There are also many other changes (For example, check out the new "cache density" HTML report to plan your next "cache raid"), which you can view here http://gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm

Download from the GSAK web site here http://gsak.net

Cheers
Clyde