New Program - GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 15 June 05 7:50 pm

I guess one way around is to do PQ's centred on caches at various points, this will then lead to doubling up on some areas though? Can GSAK filter this out?>
Yes. It doesn't matter if your PQs overlap. GSAK will not duplicate the waypoints in you database, but rather intelligently update it and you will be left with unique waypoints only.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 15 June 05 8:23 pm

Yay ! that makes it very easy then. Thanks Clyde.

(I can see why i happily parted my $$$ to register GSAK now too, The actual software creator even taking time to offer answers within a few hours ) :D :D :D

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 16 June 05 12:47 am

I must confess this thread doesn't get much traffic these days, but I will answer questions here if they are asked.

If you really want to keep up with what is happening with GSAK then view/post in the latest GSAK thread at gc.com via the option "Help=>GSAK thread on ...."

Or click here http://gsak.net/GsakThread.htm

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 16 June 05 9:39 am

<P>I run 3 queries, a couple of times a week. The first one that i run covers any placed in the state before the 1/1/2004, the second covers any placed between the 1/1/2004 and 1/8/2005, the third, which at the moment doesnt return any results, is anything placed after the 1/8/2005.</P>

<P>At this stage i will change the end date of the second query until a time that it nearly reaches 500 caches, then i will start the 3rd query from that date.</P>

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Paying

Post by Mr Router » 16 June 05 6:13 pm

G'day ClydeE,
How does one getting on paying for your prgram, Do you accept direct deposit or cheque ?
We do not put details on the net!
Thanx.

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Paying

Post by ClydeE » 16 June 05 6:36 pm

Mr Router wrote:G'day ClydeE,
How does one getting on paying for your prgram, Do you accept direct deposit or cheque ?
We do not put details on the net!
Thanx.
For Australian users, direct deposit or cheque is fine.

PM sent.

Biggles Bear
2200 or more geocaches found

Post by Biggles Bear » 18 June 05 10:30 am

Is it possible to have caches that are unfound (Virgin) assigned a different symbol when downloaded to the GPS unit?

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 18 June 05 12:11 pm

You can do that with a macro.

run a filter where last found date compared to placed date is the same or newer and reverse the filter.
That will give you all caches with a Last found date, and any that were found before they were placed. you can remove unavailable and archived etc.

Run that filter without reversing it ( uncheck 'reverse filter') and create a waypoint file with the output, Reverse the filter, run it and add the waypoints to the waypoint file you just made (check Add Waypoint if file exists? in the export dialog), changing the not found colour to whatever colour want before you press Generate.
You can save the settings and tie the lot together with a macro.

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 18 June 05 1:27 pm

Biggles Bear wrote:Is it possible to have caches that are unfound (Virgin) assigned a different symbol when downloaded to the GPS unit?
Yes. However, you are asking about the GPSr where as I think Riblits solution is using OziExplorer.

To send down a different symbol to your GPSr, you need to use the icon override section. In the following post I describe how to do this for MapSorce but the steps are really exactly the same as for your GPSr. Baciall what this means is that you can allocate any icon symbol to a group of waypoints that can be selected via a filter.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... &p=1542222

Biggles Bear

Post by Biggles Bear » 18 June 05 6:12 pm

So there is no way of doing it without running two separate queries, one for unfound caches and one for the rest.

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 18 June 05 7:09 pm

Biggles Bear wrote:So there is no way of doing it without running two separate queries, one for unfound caches and one for the rest.
In a word, no. :wink:

The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 11 July 05 11:51 pm

I want to register my copy of GSAK, but everytime I try to use Pay Pal it says I am already registered to use Pay Pal and I cannot continue. Could someone direct me to another option please.
Regards Mr.Coffee and the "I hate nag screens" Clan.

roostaman
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 12 July 05 12:00 am

Clyde, I note with some practice that I can't duplicate a cache by a download.

But, if I DO want to have 2 or more records, eg the Trig cache, then how do I get the 2nd or others to be recorded separately on GSAK ?

Roostaman

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 12 July 05 12:03 am

Mr.Coffee and the Clan wrote:I want to register my copy of GSAK, but everytime I try to use Pay Pal it says I am already registered to use Pay Pal and I cannot continue. Could someone direct me to another option please.
Regards Mr.Coffee and the "I hate nag screens" Clan.
PM sent

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 12 July 05 12:09 am

roostaman wrote:Clyde, I note with some practice that I can't duplicate a cache by a download.

But, if I DO want to have 2 or more records, eg the Trig cache, then how do I get the 2nd or others to be recorded separately on GSAK ?

Roostaman
Waypoint codes must be unique in each database.

If you want to copy a waypoint and have that in the database, right mouse click on the cache, select Add, then click on the "clone/copy waypoint button". Now make any required changes, but at the very least change the waypoint code (pehaps add the number 1 to the end)