New Program - GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 10 July 09 11:08 pm

mundoo wrote:Well I have broken mine just after the install.

I loaded the sample file, started reading the Help101, remembered I already had a PQ I had downloaded of my own. Opened that and 2 files (sample and mine) combined. Decided I just wanted my stuff so went to waypoints and selected 'delete all'. They deleted, GSAK then told me that it cannot perform the operation on a closed table and puts me in an error routine that I can only get out of with ctr/alt/del.

I can't get past that. So I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it won't load because the same error message keeps coming up.
<p>
PM sent I hope this helps :D

Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Re: New Program - GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Post by Ozibags » 02 August 09 2:18 pm

Can someone with more computer savvy than me help? I have set up the GSAK program on a new computer, and transfered my old settings to GSAK on my new computer. Everything works OK... EXCEPT, when I try to use the ipod_notes_multi Macro to transfer cache data from GSAK to my ipod. I'm now getting a message that says: "ipod not connected (Path C:\notes not found)". I'm not sure where to start to fix this - is it the macro or the new computer settings. I've moved from a computer running Windows XP to one running Windows Vista. The Ipod IS connected whe this happens.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ozibags

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 02 August 09 2:29 pm

Ozibags wrote:Can someone with more computer savvy than me help? I have set up the GSAK program on a new computer, and transfered my old settings to GSAK on my new computer. Everything works OK... EXCEPT, when I try to use the ipod_notes_multi Macro to transfer cache data from GSAK to my ipod. I'm now getting a message that says: "ipod not connected (Path C:\notes not found)". I'm not sure where to start to fix this - is it the macro or the new computer settings. I've moved from a computer running Windows XP to one running Windows Vista. The Ipod IS connected whe this happens.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ozibags
Do you have a folder called notes in your root directory of the C drive?
The macro is looking for one to either get or store your notes in..... create one and see if it works ok

Ozibags

Post by Ozibags » 02 August 09 2:36 pm

Aha!! Thanks Craigrat, got it working now. :D

Swampy

Post by Swampy » 18 August 09 11:20 am

Recently I did the only active webcam cache in Tassie. The cache is a GA cache.
Once completed, I manually marked it found in GSAK. Then at a later date, I downloaded the cache gpx to update GSAK properly. GSAK then changed the status from found back to unfound based on what it found in the gpx.
Clyde (on GSAK forum) wrote:Unlike GPX files from Groundspeak, GA files do not contain the "indicator" to say the cache has been found by you.

The only way GSAK can know that the cache is found by you is to from the found log.
Is the something missing from the gpx that is normally there for every other type of GA cache? It seems strange that GSAK will pick up every other GA cache I've done, just not this webcam...

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 August 09 1:42 pm

Swampy wrote:Recently I did the only active webcam cache in Tassie. The cache is a GA cache.
Once completed, I manually marked it found in GSAK. Then at a later date, I downloaded the cache gpx to update GSAK properly. GSAK then changed the status from found back to unfound based on what it found in the gpx.
Clyde (on GSAK forum) wrote:Unlike GPX files from Groundspeak, GA files do not contain the "indicator" to say the cache has been found by you.

The only way GSAK can know that the cache is found by you is to from the found log.
Is the something missing from the gpx that is normally there for every other type of GA cache? It seems strange that GSAK will pick up every other GA cache I've done, just not this webcam...
<type>Found</type> in a traditional cache.
<type>Other</type> in that webcam.

There are three types of "found" logs. F for found, A for attended and P for Photograph taken.
Looks like P is being set to other.
That's not correct, so I'll check this tonight.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 August 09 7:27 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Swampy wrote:Recently I did the only active webcam cache in Tassie. The cache is a GA cache.

<type>Found</type> in a traditional cache.
<type>Other</type> in that webcam.

There are three types of "found" logs. F for found, A for attended and P for Photograph taken.
Looks like P is being set to other.
That's not correct, so I'll check this tonight.
A test shows that my fix works, so can you grab the GPX file again, try and load it up and let me know.
Found is a standard for a GCA GPX file so all versions of GSAK should cope.

Swampy

Post by Swampy » 19 August 09 12:05 am

Thanks C@W - works properly now...
=D>

pjamesk
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by pjamesk » 26 August 09 8:23 pm

I have used GSAK in the past with my etrex and I could upload from different databases no probs.

I updated to the latest version of GSAK last night then tried to load various databases onto an Oregon 550 and each time I loaded a new database it seems to remove the previously loaded caches. It doesn't seem to be the gps as when I put 2600 caches in one database and it loaded them all without any problems.

Are there settings that I could change too stop this?

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 26 August 09 8:43 pm

Its probably better to ask/search on the GSAK Forum

And/or have a look at this Colorado/Oregon Export Macro

pjamesk
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by pjamesk » 26 August 09 10:30 pm

ian-and-penny wrote:Its probably better to ask/search on the GSAK Forum

And/or have a look at this Colorado/Oregon Export Macro
Thanks found the answer http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=12719

Fuddley
1950 or more caches found
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Post by Fuddley » 28 August 09 9:45 pm

I have asked this question in the GSAK forum, with no result as yet, so was wondering if anyone here has experianced the same.

I am having trouble getting the stats to show correctly when I add my owned GCA cache to my stats. I have one GCA cache with 113 finds in my stats it shows up ok, but in the "finders of my caches" section all 113 find are attributed to one person, (the last one in the list of finders alphabetically)

You can see what I mean at the below link
My Stats

Jardry
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found
Twitter: Jardry

Post by Jardry » 28 August 09 9:56 pm

I'm sure it has something to do with FS3 and how it skims the stats.
I think that FS3 uses the GC ID# and not the cacher name.
Likewsie, if you use your GC# instead of your cacher name to generate FS3 stats, your GCA finds won't aggregate into FS3.
I'm also think it will be difficult to resolve as GCA caches are not native caches for FS3.
Whilst it does include found GCA caches, I'm not so sure how it works with placed GCA caches.
If you haven't got an answer on the GSAK forums, I don't think the GCA forums will provide an answer either!
Unless, someone has had the same experience previously and has worked a way around the problem.

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 29 August 09 12:09 am

Had a quick look at FindStatGen3.
In subroutine CopyToNewDatabase it does some manipulation of the OwnerID for different sources when creating the temporary database it uses.
For GCA it does the following
$_sql = $_sql + "update caches set OwnerID = 'A' || Replace(OwnerName,';',',') where substr(code,1,2) = 'GA'; "

In subroutine GatherLogs it doesn't do this manipulation for GCA where it does do the same manipulations for Teracaching that it did in CopyToNewDatabase.
Might be as simple as including the GCA manipulation.

Sorry, don't own any GCA caches (shame on me) so I can't test to see if it works.

Peter

edit: Oh, and this is in version 3.5.15. Probably different if you are using an old version as all the db stuff changed around 3.3.x

Fuddley
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista

Post by Fuddley » 29 August 09 9:27 am

Thanks Facitman,
but I know nothing about Macros :-k , so have no idea what you just said, although I am sure you could be on the right track, I am running Version 7.6.1.27 of GSAK and ver 3.5.15 of FindStatGen3.

I have tried adding a line as you suggest, but as i stated above I no nothing of this type of thing, and what I added appeared to have no effect. ](*,)

So if anyone else how has come across this issues has a fix i would be very interested