New Garmin 60 CSx

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc

Post by Guest » 14 August 06 10:36 pm

I have a 60CSX and it is awesome. It is actually a bit to accurate as the way points are out as old gps's used to calculate them. This unit even works in my house where my etrex did not pick up anything. It gets a lock in about 45 secs from a cold boot and instantly from a warm one. GPS oz now have topo's of Australia and i was wondering if anyone had used them and if they were any good. http://www.gpsoz.com.au/oztopo/ I am keen to buy them as long as they are relatively detailed.

Nosugrefs
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Nosugrefs » 15 August 06 6:43 am

We find the CSx brilliant also. All the posts regarding its speed and acuracy are true. Since we've been using it (about 30 caches so far) it has been within 3 meters acuracy. Says a lot for the hiders. We too would like any feedback about experience with the Topo's for this model. We would probably look at the micro SD.

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 15 August 06 1:54 pm

I have had the toppo on mine virtually from day one. I downloaded it using instructions I found on one of the forums, can't remember which one.

It's only 50m contours so it isn't as detailed as you might like and pretty useless in fairly flat terrain as a 30m "hill" just doesn't show.

But in steeper terrain it certainly seems pretty good to locate the general lie of the land and position of a hill or valley.

I have Toppo plus Tracks for Australia plus City Navigator for all of Australia all on a 512 MB card.

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 20 August 06 9:14 pm

Dik: wrote: I have Toppo plus Tracks for Australia plus City Navigator for all of Australia all on a 512 MB card.
Am I missing something here? According to GPSOx.com.au OZtopo is 665 mb so how do you get all on one 512 mb card or do you only do a part load of OZtopo or are you referring to something else?

Andrew